2010 LP Standard Plus AAA, are these good ones?

TheWilly17

Reaction score
Not well versed in the different models of Standards, how does the 2010 Standard Plus stack up against other years and non Plus models? This will be my first Standard.

DarthPaul

Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked it up, but it's usually an upgrade to AAA+ tops on Standards and AAA tops on Traditionals. There can also be a difference in pickups.

Mockbel

Reaction score
I don't unterstand why there should be "better" years. There always were great guitars and there always were bad guitars.

Just try...
From the amount of good guitars vs bad guitars in specific years, some years obtained some reputation whether good or bad...

drmmrr55

Reaction score
2010 Standards are good guitars, in fact I think that most years of LP Standards IMO are pretty sweet. The one in my avatar is a 2016 Standard T, which was at the time, top of the line for a Standard, (except for the HP model), and I do like it a lot. It has a few upgrades like the compound radius neck, weight chambering, locking tuners, and the ProBucker pickups with the coil splitting, phase reverse, and control bypass...(none of which I really use), but in all a great sounding AND playing guitar.

Correction: My Standard T has Burstbucker pickups, not the Burstbucker Pro's.

There are some who don't like the PC board in the control cavity, and I was going to change it to hand wired, but I like the way it sounds as-is, so I left it alone. The Standard Plus, was top of the line for a Standard, so you can't go wrong. My 2016 also has the AAA flame top, though it looks a lot better in person than in this pic.

LP.jpg

Last edited:

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not well versed in the different models of Standards, how does the 2010 Standard Plus stack up against other years and non Plus models? This will be my first Standard.
A 2010 Standard is from the 2008 Standard model (which lasted from 2008-11 in original specs).

Chambered body, locking Grover tuners, pcb control panel, no push-pull pots for coil-splitting, Burstbucker (Pro, I believe) pickups, and chunky asymmetrical neck (as opposed to the slim asymmetrical neck that succeeded it).

I have had (3) 2011 Standards (my 3rd ain't leaving me, period). I love the 08 Standard model, and I really dig the beefier asymmetrical profile as well.

"Plus AAA" refers to the appearance of the maple top, not quality of the guit

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the neck on my 2009 '08 Standard (shown in post #7) is chunky. Now the necks on my '76 LP Deluxe & 2009 Custom Shop '57 reissue LP Junior are chunky. But not on the Standard... The '08 specs also included locking bridge and tailpiece and neutrik jack socket.