2009 Gibson Trini Lopez ES-335 Custom Shop, Evertune, T Tops

comcf

Reaction score
CLICK HERE FOR REVERB POST

$2,800 PLUS SHIPPING

Gibson Custom Shop Trini Lopez 2009 model. I have acquired the '66 version and I don't need two. I've owned another '67 and the more recent 2014 Memphis reissue.

Speaking from experience, the quality of the Custom Shop version is much better than the Memphis '14 counterpart. I've owned several '09 Custom Shop guitars and the quality has been outstanding. Must've been a good year.

It's the typical ES-335 spec, except the Firebird headstock, the diamond F-holes, and the custom inlay, which make this one special. Also, this one includes the Evertune bridge (more below), which means it literally never goes out of tune.

Of note:

BIG NECK: is a perfect '59 shape, at least .9" at the first fret. I had a 59' reissue and it's identical. The wide, 1 11/16 nut is much better than the original 66-67 versions.

T-TOPS: the pickups are 1970s Gibson t-tops. I think they're about $300 a piece nowadays. So, vintage sound is included.

EVERTUNE BRIDGE: I don't understand how it works, but it does. The guitar literally never goes out of tune. You can read up on this contraption; it's a godsend for a gigging musician. This means the guitar has a minor route for it, but definitely worth the result. It's not a collector piece due to the mod, but for a player, it's exceptional value.

Condition:

It's in mint condition, except the Evertune bridge mod. There may be some inconsequential finish marks and checks due to it being a decade old, but no serious fret or other wear. I've tried to picture most of the blems, if any. It has been played for 10 years, so please don't expect a brand new instrument.

Original Custom Shop case and COA are included.

I don't quite understand how people price these nowadays. I am pricing at the lower end of the spectrum because I want to move it. You can see it's the cheapest on Reverb now and the next on is the 2014 Memphis version, which can't hold a candle to it.

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Premium Member
Reaction score
I assume the guitar cannot be returned to stock bridge because of the mod?

comcf

Reaction score
It can be returned, but you'd have to plug the hole. Kind of like a Kahler they used to put on in the 80s and then everyone plugged them later on.