2009 gibson les paul special

HomerThompson

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i have my eyes on a 2009 les paul special in tv yellow, its a decent price because of a couple dings here and there, are 2009s considered decent? It also has an ebony board.. any thoughts? Thanks

Wudchuk

Reaction score
A couple dings here and there shouldn't be bad if you don't mind them, they don't interfere with playing and the price is reduced accordingly. TV Yellow is one of my favorite finishes, but I have never even played one!

endial

Reaction score
For a decent price? I'd be all over that thing, dings and things included. With an ebony board, if you're not entirely thrilled with it it certainly won't be hard to move.

jeffy

Reaction score
You'll always find some gems and some stinkers in every year. I've got an '09 that I love. They're all '60s slim taper necks IIRC.

Musha Ring

Reaction score
I'll give you the advice that was given to me here when I asked advice on buying a used 2010 Junior a couple months back; buy it, enjoy it, play it until your heart is content. If you want to sell it in the future, you'll likely make your money back and then some.

HomerThompson

Reaction score
Thanks guys, im hoping the deal goes through, i sold my 89’ goldtop 56 reissue for an R8, love the R8 but definitely need some p90s as well

HomerThompson

Reaction score
the guitar doesnt have a bound neck, not a huge deal, the dings and things im all cool with. Im just glad to hear that it doesnt have some wierd robot tuners or silliness haha

jeffy

Reaction score
the guitar doesnt have a bound neck, not a huge deal, the dings and things im all cool with. Im just glad to hear that it doesnt have some wierd robot tuners or silliness haha
IIRC, there were two Specials during that time. One was the Junior Special and the other was just a Special. I think the Junior Special came with a gig bag and didn't have binding. The Special was an exclusive and came with a hard case and neck binding. It was also only offered in Red Wine and Alpine White.

endial

Reaction score
IIRC, there were two Specials during that time. One was the Junior Special and the other was just a Special. I think the Junior Special came with a gig bag and didn't have binding. The Special was an exclusive and came with a hard case and neck binding. It was also only offered in Red Wine and Alpine White.
The years are all starting to flow together for me, so I lose track, but I think I recall this because I almost bought one of those "Junior Special"s. Great feeling and sounding guitar. Dang it, now I really regret that I didn't get one.

Good luck with the purchase, HT.

HomerThompson

Reaction score
The years are all starting to flow together for me, so I lose track, but I think I recall this because I almost bought one of those "Junior Special"s. Great feeling and sounding guitar. Dang it, now I really regret that I didn't get one.

Good luck with the purchase, HT.
Thanks! Heres hoping

Latest Threads