2009 Burny RLG 105 VSB MIJ

nwobhm

Reaction score
That link, Shows even the new Japan made ones can have 3 screw truss rod covers. That should lay some myths to rest or confuse people one.

Bes628

Reaction score
It's definately round, 59' style but, really comfortable. It doesn't feel huge, like some 57' necks I've played. All the the guitars I've bought have mostly been through Ebay. I'm a risk taker!:fingersx: I'd like to try Rinkya, yahoo japan. There seems to be alot of deals there.

i would to they have some great stuff...its just that itseems like alot to go through...you need a deposit to bid, and then you pay the auction totals and there's some fee's(shipping withing japan), then you have to pay international shipping

Dave1968

Reaction score
Here is where im trying to order from, its not this page i had the problem with it was the checkout. i couldnt figure out how to do shipping info and just overall advance the process.I emailed them so, now im just waiting for some answers

Yeah, it mentions somewhere on there about them possibly not showing that at checkout stage as they will contact you by email. You've probably read this already:

So it is 59,800 Yen? Thats approx £420.00..£500.00 inc shipping and taxes I reckon!! :)

Ahhhh...music to my ears!!!! I think I will be buying one of these! I know the 2004 models sound good RLG 90's with newer VH1's.

Sorry the link earlier in my first post doesn't work it's:

Frankn Tone amp demo #2 if that doesn't work.

Im sure you'l hear from Rakuten very soon; each Japanese shop I have emailed have been very prompt!!

Keep us posted!!

Last edited by a moderator:

nwobhm

Reaction score
Dave1968, The link worked for me in the first post.

Bes628

Reaction score
was hoping to get a reply overnight but did not

Bes628

Reaction score
still no reply from like 3 different websites

Dave1968

Reaction score
Bes628

Sorry the link for shipping doesn't show what i was trying to explain..

On the Rakuten link you gave scroll to the bottom of the page and click on:

Payment method for shipping Please see here

Go to About Shipping

Click on: Details click here (Since the end of 2008)

That should explain about the process, it looks quite staraight forward. Or have you tried this already and this is where the problem lies?? It does say once you have paid they will contact you with a uprated shipping cost for you to agree to etc..

Hope this helps!!

nwobhm

Reaction score
Yeah Nils' Burny info page is good for older stuff. I guess my 03' is a RLG105 possibly, hard to say since it's 6 years old now but, VH1 pups, urethane finish? feels like nitro. Seems to be a higher end model. I'm not digging the new VH1's that much. there o.k. but, they aren't as touch responsive as older ones. They don't retain that chimey bell tone or clarity like the older VH1's do when you turn the volume knob down. I have an early 80's RLG90 with first version VH1's and there alot more responsive to touch and dynamics.

Bes628

Reaction score
Bes628

Sorry the link for shipping doesn't show what i was trying to explain..

On the Rakuten link you gave scroll to the bottom of the page and click on:

Payment method for shipping Please see here

Go to About Shipping

Click on: Details click here (Since the end of 2008)

That should explain about the process, it looks quite staraight forward. Or have you tried this already and this is where the problem lies?? It does say once you have paid they will contact you with a uprated shipping cost for you to agree to etc..

Hope this helps!!

thanks dave that helped alot, now im just figuring out how to pick my state here in the US i pretty much got the rest filled out

edit: just got through that part now its telling me i have to type my name in katakana or something

edit: i figured it out.

Dave1968

Reaction score
I just saw this, I think it's a late 90's though. It looks possibly Fujigen made because it has the long neck tenon, no fret-edge binding, unlike the 80's Burny's that have short tenon and fret-edge binding. It has the later model VH1's, the same ones that came in my 2003.

I'm currently watching that on ebay funnily enough!! I did wonder about the VH1's, they reminded me more of VH2's from what I have been looking at?

For the price it is I think I would be more inclined to buy a new MIJ RLG 105!! Its only a matter of time:)

nwobhm

Reaction score
Yeah, your probably better off. That one is over 10 lbs. I'm getting too old for those!:lol:

Dave1968

Reaction score
Yeah, your probably better off. That one is over 10 lbs. I'm getting too old for those!

If putting weight on means a slab of mahogany that oozes sustain I'm all for it!!!:)

Bes628

Reaction score
just ran into some car issues now i wont be able to get it. f*ckn sucks

Dave1968

Reaction score
just ran into some car issues now i wont be able to get it. f*ckn sucks

Hey, Sh*t happens.. I've bought some sand, bricks, cement and windows! I need somewhere to eat in before the LP unfortunately..:-(

It'll happen in time! That flexible friend Visa is keep on saying, "Use me, use me!!" LOL

Latest Threads