2008 Slash Gold Top Les Paul Limited Edition

daddy

Reaction score
Hi LP heads!!!

This is just a thread for me to find out who might be interested in purchasing this guitar. I am not 100% sure I am going to sell because I truly love this guitar and it plays so nice but I am eye-balling some other things and this could be a nice down payment for me, so...

If anyone is interested please PM me or post in the thread. All offers, please PM for I prefer to keep that private. Remember, it IS NOT for sale yet but if I do decide to sell it the best offer here will get her first.

You can also email me with any questions at: [email protected]

Anyhow, the guitar comes with case and the hand signed Slash certificate. The case had the Slash logo on it and the inside is white. The guitar has also been verified through the Gibson database as 100% authentic. This guitar is a 9 out of 10 which is near mint. The only blemish is from a previous owner who left two very tiny nicks by the tailpiece when he stupidly tried to turn a post with a screwdriver (it's a tone pro locking) and the screwdriver slipped. It caused a small flange on the post and two tiny chips in the wood. They are barely noticable. Otherwise everything else is top shape.

This guitar was made at the Nashville Plant, TN, USA on April 18th, 2008.

Here is the original write up and details of the guitar:

The Gibson USA Les Paul Slash Signature Goldtop is also being made available for this limited edition opportunity which gives guitar enthusiasts around the world the chance to own a guitar created and designed by Slash, the legend who single-handedly revitalized the electric guitar with some of the world’s most colossal riffs known to the mortal man. The Gibson USA Les Paul Slash Signature Goldtop is limited to only 1,000 guitars worldwide and includes individual features and unique characteristics that only Slash can instinctively call his own. Other features include a standard, un-chambered mahogany body with Gibson’s traditional weight relief system consisting of a series of holes that give it a comfortable yet heavy feel exactly like Slash likes it. The body is topped by one of the Les Paul trademark features, a hand-carved maple top. The body is then painted, as is the Epiphone model, with the same Goldtop finish from 1952, Buillon Gold with an aged Cherry back.

At Slash’s urging, the electronics of the new Gibson USA model were enhanced to include proprietary wiring, caps, resistors and tone pots that give the model its own unique tone. It is also set up with the revolutionary Plek system – a computer controlled set-up that carefully measures and dresses each fret while accurately measuring the height between the fingerboard and the string virtually eliminating string buzz and providing unbeatable playability. The neck, designed by Slash himself, is a solid piece of mahogany with a hybrid profile that takes the roundness of the Les Paul necks of the late 1950s and combines it with the slimness of the necks from the early 1960s. Slash’s personal skull and crossbones and top hat logo with his signature adorn the headstock.

Other features include a TonePro Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece, all chrome hardware, Kluson-style Gibson tuners, and a hand-numbered certificate of authenticity in a metal fold-over frame. The model comes in a hardshell case with Slash’s logo screened on the smooth black exterior and includes a plush white interior. These limited edition special models will be available at select dealers worldwide on October 7, 2008. No others will be produced once the limited edition quantity is sold out. It is a fitting tribute to the rock n’roll legend who has inspired guitarists around the world to “Go for the Gold” in every performance. :slash:

Time for some pics...

HPIM1788.jpg

HPIM1785.jpg

HPIM1793.jpg

HPIM1795.jpg

And one of it with
The Family"

guitars_001_christmas.jpg

peace out,
daddy

stephenwz968

Reaction score
Awesome guitar!!!! And I love the xmas card...that's really cool...

daddy

Reaction score
Thanks Stephen...looks like you have a nice collection yourself bro!!!

peace out,
daddy

daddy

Reaction score
Yep....Ace is what got me playing!!!!

peace out,
daddy

daddy

Reaction score
A little nudge upwards ^^^^^^^^ :slash::slash::slash::slash:

peace out,
daddy

Guitar Josh

Reaction score
This might the only forum in the world that condones a FS thread with nothing actually for sale.

daddy

Reaction score
This might the only forum in the world that condones a FS thread with nothing actually for sale.

Yes, I know...but it is a great idea so that way a person can get an idea of the demand for an instrument. Plus I figured I would like to get responses from people who actually have an interest in LP's before putting it on Craigslist or ebay. It also helps give me an idea on what I might get for her even though I have a price in my mind. So all in all it is a good thing to me.

peace out,
daddy

Guitar Josh

Reaction score
Yes, I know...but it is a great idea so that way a person can get an idea of the demand for an instrument. Plus I figured I would like to get responses from people who actually have an interest in LP's before putting it on Craigslist or ebay. It also helps give me an idea on what I might get for her even though I have a price in my mind. So all in all it is a good thing to me.

peace out,
daddy

You are right. It only benefits you. That's the problem with it. And why it's wrong, selfish, and plenty of other things.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
even though I have a price in my mind.

Then why not throw out a number? Make it an anonymous poll if you'd like. You'd probably get more input that way. Or...check recent auctions on EBay to see what they've sold for.

Nice family shot, BTW.

daddy

Reaction score
You are right. It only benefits you. That's the problem with it. And why it's wrong, selfish, and plenty of other things.

Not exactly...it might also benefit the person who may want this particular guitar. I have seen many who have wanted them before. I don't see how I am hurting anybody or how it is being "selfish" at all??? I want to get the best value out of my guitar just like anybody would and I don't see how generating some interest would bother you.

BTW...for those who want a price I am thinking about, it would be about $2,300.00

peace out,
daddy

daddy

Reaction score
Then why not throw out a number? Make it an anonymous poll if you'd like. You'd probably get more input that way. Or...check recent auctions on EBay to see what they've sold for.

Nice family shot, BTW.

Thanks Scooter for having something constructive to say!!!

peace out,
daddy

loucamaro91

Reaction score
2300 is fair..
I just sold my 3 and asked $2500 shipped for each one.
Mine were also unplayed..

Latest Threads