2008 70's Reissue Les Paul Custom

duane v

Reaction score
Came across the lovely lady and had to have it. This is the first relic'd guitar I have ever purchased and I found it so intriguing I had to buy it. Once I got it home I threw on a set of Gibson embossed pup covers I had in my parts drawer. It really is a nice player and the owner must have been a smoker or it was played in smoky bars because it smells like my dads old recliner chair.

kakerlak

Reaction score
That's an interesting trick to squeeze a little extra adjustment out of that low E string. I'll have to remember that one!

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
I've honestly never heard of this model. What does the COA call it, exactly? It looks a little like the Randy Rhoads aged 74 Custom, but obviously has very different specs. It looks like it's had a refret too - I don't think the Custom Shop has ever released a model made to look refretted before the new Adam Jones signature if I'm not mistaken - which just adds to how authentic it looks. So someone really played the s**t out of that guitar... I bet it sounds awesome. You should post a sound/video clip so we can hear it.

duane v

Reaction score
I've honestly never heard of this model. What does the COA call it, exactly? It looks a little like the Randy Rhoads aged 74 Custom, but obviously has very different specs. It looks like it's had a refret too - I don't think the Custom Shop has ever released a model made to look refretted before the new Adam Jones signature if I'm not mistaken - which just adds to how authentic it looks. So someone really played the s**t out of that guitar... I bet it sounds awesome. You should post a sound/video clip so we can hear it.
No refret..... other than the embossed pickup cover it came this way from the factory. The info I received from Gibson, a guy named Murphy did the aging. It also has push/pull pots as well which was also factory. It sounds great and it's just as heavy as my other Norlin boat anchors.... Se below for the COA info.

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
No refret..... other than the embossed pickup cover it came this way from the factory. The info I received from Gibson, a guy named Murphy did the aging. It also has push/pull pots as well which was also factory. It sounds great and it's just as heavy as my other Norlin boat anchors.... Se below for the COA info.

Wow. That is definitely the first time I’ve seen this model, and I’ve never seen another model that came straight out of the CS looking like it was refretted, other than the new Adam Jones aged silverburst. That is awesome. Super super cool model. Must have been very limited numbers.

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
I would buy one in a heartbeat if the price was right. That one on Reverb is too much, especially with no COA. I’ll keep my eyes open though, thanks for sharing.

Achtung Baby!

Reaction score
I bought one of these from Musician’s Friend when they first came out. Like a dummy, I sent it back and regretted it for years. Fortunately, I found one years later and scooped it up. Love mine!

Reaction score
Oh man that is super nice! Can't say I'm a fan of aged guitars but this one is spot-on for Gibson's white after a few years. There must be something different about the clear coat they use on the white guitars as the finish tends to crack very early compared to other finishes. Big boy cracks too. Love it.

Latest Threads