2007 R9 price estimation

Herr Dalbergia

Reaction score
Hello,

i am searching a Gibson Les Paul for a very close friend.
now there is a R9 on the market, 2007 VOS, nice guitar. Condition is good.
BUT the COA is missing.

the question is not if the guitar is a fake, or why the COA is missing or if YOU would or would not buy a Historic with COA missing.

only one question asked....what price makes this guitar sell?

shoot out your numbers....

THX

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Reaction score
2007 R9 ..........depending on condition and flame and color and originality,...without COA

Anywhere's between $2500 to $3500 USD........... without the details hard to tell amigo.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say Tim is more on the mark.....if it's a totally killer top, you could say as high as $3900, but it would have to be stellar. Otherwise, Tim is right on. I have rarely seen one go for under 3k, and if you can find ANY R9 for under 3 that hasn't had a broken headstock, it would be a steal.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Reaction score
The reason i went as low as i did is there are exceptions to the condition of the instrument that i think is important that i do not know.

Does it need a refret,... does it have all the original electronics,tuners,bridge,... you know the usual stuff. I would try to get the best deal possible for it,.. if it needed any of these things,... a refret is a big deal (to me anyways),... I wouldn't spend top dollar for one that needed it....nope not me..... not for a 2007.

Or it could be a killer top outstanding piece of art.......... can't tell without the details.

Good condition is just two words to me. ;)

judson

Reaction score
i would like to see one under $2500 as i would not hesitate to click the button maybe,

i got lucky on my R8 for a very reasonable price, hope to do the same if i see an R9

the GAS will subside unless i find one at a crazy price.....i want a player, hell with the COA

dont think i have seen an R9 yet under $2800....um make that $3200...dam....can u say $3500+ asking :slap:

Last edited:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
I agree with much of what has already been said. Low to mid $3K range for most R9s from that era. If it's really exceptional in terms of the top, then you might go into the high $3K range (or more if you just have to have it).

Herr Dalbergia

Reaction score

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
After seeing it, if it were in the US, I would update my estimate to be on the low end of the range; however, I'm not really familiar with the market in Europe, so it's hard to say.

Also, the COA being missing isn't a big deal to me, but I know there are others that feel differently.

judson

Reaction score
thats a looker but close to $4k usa and no COA, i think you could find a better deal maybe ....i couldnt read the description but i like the looks

Sharky

Reaction score
I'm following the used RI market in Germany on a daily basis and I have not seen any cheaper R9 within the last year or even two. Asking prices would mostly start rather low 4 k-ish than anything in the low 3 ks. If you can get an R9 to your liking at around 3.5 k, it's a very good deal