2007 modified Les Paul

Chopsy

Reaction score
Hi,

Am very close to buying my first Gibson. Currently have Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top.

This one is a modified 2007 Standard. Has a Piezo Powerbridge and powerchip with on/off switch, three way mix switch and separate volume for Piezo.

It's active pickups because of the powerbridge.

What do you think? For a start on authenticity? Value? And how much does the mods effect the tone when played normally through the humbuckers, which are APh-1's?

Sorry dont know how to do pics properly

imgur: the simple image sharer

Kalamazuu

Reaction score

What the hell?

There had to be a better way to do this.

With those mods, done properly, the value would not be affected much at all, maybe even a little higher. But with it all buggered up like that, it is going to be a substantially less.

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Run don't walk away...

GRANKOR

Reaction score
the powerbridge doesn't make the regular pickups active and shouldn't affect the tone... However, that terrible knob placement and modding will affect the value. If it plays well, sounds good and you're happy with the look then you could consider it (not me personally) but with that kind of modification I wouldn't pay even close to the market value of an unmolested LP Standard.

lazz

Reaction score
I have nothing to say about those knobs

politenessman

Reaction score
i do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_Qqnq8pI8]No no no no no no no no no! - YouTube[/ame]

Chopsy

Reaction score
So in conclusion, the general consensus is stay well clear.

acstorfer

Reaction score
So in conclusion, the general consensus is stay well clear.
If you like it, it doesn't matter what all the others say. Still though, you really shouldn't pay a lot for it. The mods do lessens the value substantially.

acstorfer

Reaction score
In UK it's £1,000. Which is less than most
I know LP's are more expensive there than they are here, I don't know by how much. Honestly though, I'd look at what similar LP's go for and pay at least 30-40% less on that one.

cristi tanasescu

Reaction score
it really doesn't matter what others say, get the guitar if you really want it, but imo a more stupid place to put a knob doesn't exist.

Chopsy

Reaction score
Yes I think resale value is not good. I guess if it plays well, is genuine and I don't expect it to be worth anything in future, it's probably not too bad.
I'm undecided still, it's too far away to try.
Guess I will do some more research on the powerbridge

Droog

Reaction score
What a mess. I have enough trouble using my LP's volume and tone controls while playing, I can't imagine navigating that jungle on the fly. I suppose if you like it jump at it, but it looks more like a recording guitar than something I'd want to wrestle with live. :shock:

Latest Threads