2007 Jimmy Page Double Neck Tone Report - Stairway TSRTS Solo Video Demo

chinbb

Reaction score
Sweet tone man sweet tone!

So sweet that Angels fell from the Stairway to Heaven to get more of this!

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just got a message from youtube - and of course, with the "no_reply" email address - that Warner Chapell has reviewed the dispute & the video is now blocked in the USA.
Even though there are many, many other videos just like mine for the same song.....hmmmmm It is still on metacafe.

It works for me at photobucket

http://s702.photobucket.com/albums/...w&current=StairwayToHeavenTSRTSsolohigh12.mp4

FUS44

Reaction score
I was waiting for this since you announced the acquisition.

nice.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wish Alex would open up the forum for easy embedding of other sites besides youtube or else open up the ability for html code in this part of the forum.

Guitarhack

Reaction score
Very nice. Thats a beautiful guitar. It looks like it weighs as much as my Grandpa's old pickup truck.

DADGAD

Reaction score
Very nice John! I considerate getting a regular EDS for a while. What is the neck profile like? How do you find it playing with only 20 frets?

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very nice John! I considerate getting a regular EDS for a while. What is the neck profile like? How do you find it playing with only 20 frets?

thanks! the neck feels like it is in between an r0 and and r9. i don't mind having less frets; it is the fact that it is hard to get to the highest frets that you do have on there. if you see the last lick i played in the solo you can see how i had to reach around the guitar & use my middle finger instead of my ring finger.

ACELUEK

ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON
Reaction score
Am I the only one that is being blocked seeing the video??

Ahh.. I just saw the other link...

119.jpg

slither

Reaction score
Nice playing John, and great tone too. Not that I have ever played a twin neck, but I get the impression they would be easier to play standing than sitting, especially the upper neck.

slither

Reaction score
I have always entertained the thought of an EDS1275, but given that I am only a hobby player and am lazy with string changing always thought it an indulgence I couldn't justify, given the few songs I play that would actually need one, but the heart still says yes. Always loved how cool they look, especially Jimmy's one with the stop pieces further back on the body.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have always entertained the thought of an EDS1275, but given that I am only a hobby player and am lazy with string changing always thought it an indulgence I couldn't justify, given the few songs I play that would actually need one, but the heart still says yes. Always loved how cool they look, especially Jimmy's one with the stop pieces further back on the body.

Those were my thoughts as well - hobby player, only a few songs, so many strings to manage, bulky, heavy, etc. But I really wanted to do the Stairway live solo.....so! I indulged. :) After finding out how great it sounds and plays, I wish I would have purchased one when they came out in 2007. It is a keeper.

ACELUEK

ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON
Reaction score
Nice playing! The guitar looks and sounds perfect.

Rollingrock

Reaction score
i don't think i had any reverb on it; the rest of the settings were close to 5; treble may have been higher. clear channel, gain on about 7-8. the power brake makes it happen

Not trying to be stupid here but what is the power brake? Thanks.

Latest Threads