2007 Jimmy Page Double Neck Tone Report - Stairway TSRTS Solo Video Demo

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I finally got a video made with this guitar. I know there are plenty of mistakes in this video. But it is functional enough for a tone demo. Aside from 18 strings to manage, and a little extra weight, and the bulkiness of it - and a neck that is too close or in the way, it plays really well and sounds amazing in person. I am not entirely happy with the way the tone came across in the recording. It sounds much better in person. But still, after overlooking my playing mistakes, it sounds pretty good. I may do the solo again on a Les Paul. It is way easier on a LP. So anyway, here you go! BTW, if the Youtube police take it down, I also included a link to Metacafe. Of course, as soon as it finished processing, Youtube already blocked it. Yet there are a lot of other videos of the exact same thing that are not blocked. I believe they targeted me. I opened a dispute. But although I am using the copyrighted material under the fair and legal use clause of the law, they will still block it again in a few days.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73u7GYDmFAQ]Nobs Escalator to Heaven Live solo cover - YouTube[/ame]

Here it is on Metacafe - they don't block any of my videos:

Stairway To Heaven Live (TSRTS) Guitar Solo Cover - Video

7gtop

Reaction score
Nice sounds John ..... :thumb:

Do you find the two twelves break-up nicely ?
Celestions ?

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Settings?

i don't think i had any reverb on it; the rest of the settings were close to 5; treble may have been higher. clear channel, gain on about 7-8. the power brake makes it happen

thexmadxtopxhatter

Reaction score
you might have monetization enabled on that video which in that case youtube would take it down... check on that :thumb:

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
you might have monetization enabled on that video which in that case youtube would take it down... check on that :thumb:

if you mean the ability to get paid for a video, they offered me that ability for posting future videos a few months ago but i declined.

Frails

Reaction score
It's got that Heartbreaker tone. I always wondered if it was the amp or the settings. Some of the Rush songs have the same type of sound. Kind of flat but distinct and unique. Love it.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Mistakes? Jimmy page is sloppier!

Loved it!

Jessenoah

Reaction score
Awesome! Mistakes? Jimmy page is sloppier!

Loved it!

except Jimmy did it from his heart with lots of soul and passion, technique goes out the window when you play with the important things:naughty:

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
No disrespect to Jimmy Page implied. Yes, he did it with passion, which is the very reason we all do this. :fingersx:

I am sitting here recording with his techniques (and many others) in mind.

guitarnut_germany

Reaction score
gtreat job John! I must say I am a HUGE JP fan, and what I admire about him is not his soloing skills. It's his riffs, inventiveness, song writing, harmonies, rhythms... the man is a genius. Was listening to his album with D. Coverdale lately... man, it still sounds quite like Led Zep... not saying the other ones didn't play a huge role in this band, but Jimmy was probably the heart of the band.

7gtop

Reaction score
gtreat job John! I must say I am a HUGE JP fan, and what I admire about him is not his soloing skills. It's his riffs, inventiveness, song writing, harmonies, rhythms... the man is a genius. Was listening to his album with D. Coverdale lately... man, it still sounds quite like Led Zep... not saying the other ones didn't play a huge role in this band, but Jimmy was probably the heart of the band.

Definitely one 'o the best song-writers of our time bro ........... :applause:

..............As founder of "the New Yardbirds" ........................... :thumb:

His........ talent-scouting was'nt too shabby either ........ :D

Latest Threads