2005 Tokai ES-155

Fenderbendr

Reaction score
For sale is a 2005 Tokai ES-155 in cherry red. The guitar plays and sounds great, and has some minor wear in certain spots. The frets are in great shape, with very minimal wear in the first few positions. There is some cloudiness from the nitro on the headstock, which seems to happen on these older Tokai guitars. I tried to take pictures of the more noticeable marks, but some are hard to capture in pics. Nothing effects playability though.

The top and back can go from plain to slight flame depending on it's angle. The wiring harness has been upgraded with CTS art of Tone 525k pots, PIO caps, switchcraft switch and jack, and was wired 50's style and installed by our own @Roxy13

It has Gotoh HB-classic pickups in it which sound great and give you a nice low-output PAF sound.

The guitar weighs 7.7lbs, and has a nice medium C neck carve with a nut width of 1.64".

It comes with the original hard case, original paperwork, the original amber knobs, truss rod tool, and the stock wiring harness.

Asking $sold shipped and Paypal'd in the CONUS.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Roxy13

Reaction score
Great guitar here, folks! I fell in love with it when it was here :) I'd have grabbed it in a heartbeat if I hadn't had all those truck repair bills a year ago. That made for a bad year for adding any guitars.

blueflamingo

Reaction score
I JUST bought a semi hollow or I would have probably bought this, Tokais are great guitars!!! GLWS!

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a newer ES162 that has been and will remain my #1 until the kids sell it.
These are wonderful instruments. Top shelf in every way.
GLWTS

Latest Threads