2005 Faded...impulse

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Hey there. I just made a mild impulse purchase of a Faded Les Paul. I have been reading up on these for a good while, so I feel confident. My offer, which was a good chunk lower than posted price was accepted. Please justify my purchase....I know I'm asking the wrong, I mean right, crowd to validate my decision. https://reverb.com/item/18150140-2005-gibson-les-paul-standard-faded-8-5-lbs

jkes01

Reaction score
I thought you were buying the one in the pic. The lacquer on that headstock looked suspicious.

Your git, is beautiful. :)

Last edited:

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well if you're ever in Nashville, come take her for a spin.
Brother, I will take y’all up on that!
Again,beautiful guitar! Just outstanding!
Gonna need a tone report after you have her for awhile. From the looks of her,somebody loved to play her......a lot!:dude:

smk506

Reaction score
I wish I had boughten a truck load of those faded guitars. They sold for a real attractive price new and have increased substantially in value since. Yours is very nice, great top and someone really played that thing so odds are strong it is a nice one.

@Adamc The faded series are thin satin finishes, I think they still offer a similar finish on their brown faded studio models.

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
An interesting (and NICE) finish. Do you know what it's called?

Adamc

Reaction score
I wish I had boughten a truck load of those faded guitars. They sold for a real attractive price new and have increased substantially in value since. Yours is very nice, great top and someone really played that thing so odds are strong it is a nice one.

@Adamc The faded series are thin satin finishes, I think they still offer a similar finish on their brown faded studio models.
Awesome thanks!

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Thanks for the complements everyone. I will give an update once it arrives. I am very stoked. I still feel funny about how much I paid for it,
An interesting (and NICE) finish. Do you know what it's called?
There was no mention of the color/finish on the listing. I would call it a Golden-brown-ish wood tone with wooden highlights...but I'm an idiot

HCRoadie

Reaction score

I believe this to be the case. Well I am hoping