2005-2008 Standard Faded Post Pics!

sonar

Reaction score

How are they holding up?

First owner, Second?, ???

Mods?

Pickups?

Did I mention pics?

Mine's an '08 bought new. The 'burst wasn't very pronounced to begin with and started to fade almost immediately.

Thought I'd maybe go Reissue at some point, but this guitar still gives me the goods after all these years.

Back then ('05-'08) they weren't considered precious guitars and were often modded. So...

Things I've done over the years:
Virtuoso treatment (2 applications over the first year. A 3rd application a couple years ago).
Faber locking studs and spacers (seems to help).
Faber BSWKIT (I wouldn't do it again).
Faber ABR (It's fine, but would probably go Gibson Authentic or Tonepros if I did it again).
(Removed) lightweight tailpiece (the stock zinc sounds better on this guitar).
Creamtone plastic ( I like it a lot better than the stock).

Electronics
Vintage wiring (I prefer it on this guitar).
Jensen PIO (mixed feelings. I lean toward the "doesn't matter that much" camp).
500K's RS Superpots for the volume controls. Still a little stiff after all these years, but I like the taper.
CTS 500K for tone control.
Vintage style wiring harness (Doesn't make a difference sonically, but I was in there anyway and like the robustness of the design over the thin stock wiring).
(Removed) cavity plate.

Pickups
BB Pro's (neck covered) for the first 5-6 years. Underrated pickups if you like a bright, single coil'ish Tele vibe. Not recommended with 500k pots. Stick with the 250/300k or whatever Gibson used. I'd also keep the modern wiring with Pro's.

Seth Lovers (bridge uncovered). I've since bought a Telecaster, so don't need the LP to be that bright and wanted a more PAF tone, but with still some output. Really good, slightly dark pickups.

madsedan

Reaction score
I bought an 05 a couple months ago and it is in amazing condition. Bought from a dealer in Utah and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Mine is a honey/lemony burst with a very mild flame, looks very much like a 1960 model.
I just bought a whole package form Creamtone with all new aged klusons, ABR1, new wiring with drifted bumblebee harness, etc and I'm shopping for new pick-ups.

Buster

Reaction score
I picked up a 2008 recently. I am the second owner. It has some marks and light grooves, but nothing serious. I think this guitar is amazing. While I haven't weighed it, it is a real joy t hold as it feels light by Les Paul "standards". LOL
Pic:

MSB

Reaction score
I think you meant 2005-2009

stratoblaster

Reaction score
Mines an 05. I bought it from ebay probably around 2012 after I played one in a store and set my mind on owning one.

I've modded everything...
Faber bridge, tailpiece
MSSC Harnesses
SD Antiquity Pickups
Tuners are from a 69 SG or something like that.
I "aged" the plastic myself
The guitar shows real wear and feels like a pair of good Levis. The back of the neck, the forearm bout, the top, the back etc. is all showing real wear.

theroan

Reaction score
60's neck
Emerson upgrade kit
Zhangbucker Pagey #2 and Brownbucker
Lightest guitar ever

veeman

Reaction score
There already is a thread above for these but,, here ya go. My 05 Faded, 50's neck EMG 57/66 pickups.