2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard HCSB

Zenatty1

Reaction score
Hi all!

In the last few days, I have been tapped to aid a lifelong friend of mine (since 2nd grade) with some unpleasant business. He has uveal melanoma and all potential treatment options have been exhausted. He has weeks/days? to live. Inasmuch, as I am an attorney, I will be helping with the various and sundry financial and legal issues that need dealing with to help him and his wife.

Another task that I have voluntarily agreed to, is to assist with the sale of several guitars, amps etc... When I post the guitars, I am going to price them with the following in mind: 1) to sell them as quickly as possible; 2) to offer serious guitar players an opportunity to own good quality instruments at really affordable prices; and to 3) do what I told my friend I would do...

I will not be making ANY money on the sale of these items. Every single penny that the equipment sells for will go directly to my friend and/or his wife.

I will do my very best to describe items as well as I can. If I post something and you clearly see that it is wrong, please let me know, because my intent here is not to deceive anyone. I will do my best to research each item and to determine the going rate and then offering a further reduction from that to accomplish 1-3 above.

I would like to do this via paypal gift (or I must insist that any fee from Paypal's use be absorbed by the buyer). I am not posting first on eBay, for two reasons 1) to recoup the eBay fees it would be necessary to charge the going rate (or add ons) 2) I feel a kinship with the members here and would like my friend's equipment to end up in a "friendly" place with friends...

This is his 2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard. ALL STOCK. Burstbucker 1 &2 pups. OHSC. Guitar is in excellent condition easily 9.5+ nothing that can't be buffed out. Please ask any questions that you may have. $ 1650.00 (with Paypal gift) free shipping in CONUS. I have over 600 positive feedbacks on eBay and am 100% positive. (Honey4atty)...If you don't want to do Paypal gift, the buyer is responsible for Paypal fees... Thanks, I appreciate any consideration that you can give to this- Mark

Attachments

• IMG_3984.jpg
    IMG_3984.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_3986.jpg
    IMG_3986.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3988.jpg
    IMG_3988.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3992.jpg
    IMG_3992.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 147

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
VERY VERY SORRY to read of your friend's misfortune.

I have 2 questions:
1)Is the guitar free of smoke smells (cigarette, cigar, etc)?
2)What is the neck profile: 50s or 60s?

You are a TERRIFIC friend

Mr. Satchmo

Reaction score
Wow, what a beautiful color and top. Cherrysunburst00, this one needs to go home with you!

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
All, I am going to step down from this deal. It just feels wrong to me--I feel as though I am exploiting another person's misfortune. HOPEFULLY, my posting of pics so that 1 does not have to be signed in will help expedite the sale, but my heart and conscience are telling me this is not meant for me.

Zenatty1

Reaction score
Roland:
Actually, you would not be profiting from my friend's misfortune. My friend would definitely want someone who could appreciate this guitar to have it- I would personally buy it, but to be perfectly honest, I have too many right now and don't want to sell any of mine to be able to make this purchase. When he asked me to sell these guitars, he was perfectly fine with it and they both (his wife too) knew that I would need to sell them for a less than what he had in them to get "quick" money. Also, you save me from buying them- and there is always the spectre of "something fishy", if I buy them. Because I don't want his wife/widow to think I made myself a deal. It is easier for me to show emails and tracking numbers and payment logs to the wife/widow should I ever need to... Also, I played the guitar this a.m. and the neck is not '60's like my '78 LPC. And it is not 50's like my Classic...it is definitely in between and closer to 50's... Thanks, and I really would not think you are profiting from a loss, but rather giving life and a new birth to something valued and treasured... I respect whatever route you choose...thanks Mark

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark I'll mull it over (such a PRETTY guitar and in Great shape)--and for everyone to know, you informed me that it does not smell of smoke, but I was wanting a 60s neck as I already have a 50s 1990 LP standard.

To other Forum members--it is NOT dishonorable for you to make an offer on this beaut while I mull it over, so please don't hesitate.

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale, Mark. and LJGriggs, Congrats on buying this BEAUTY

Latest Threads