2003-R9 Brazilian board in UK

Stonehard

Reaction score
2003-R9 certified Brazilian. Changed plastic, PAF covers, switch tip and knobs. Original Gibson parts included with all the unopened case candy. I have 100 clear photos of everything you need to see. This IMHO has a very authentic look and feel. It is NOT mint. It has been subtly aged and shows genuine dings from being my main player for a couple of years. I bought two R9s new in 2003 to check out and keep the better of the two - the decision was easy and I sold the other one four years ago. This is a shade under 9 pounds as far as I can tell by my bathroom scales.

The guitar (and me) are in the UK. I will ship worldwide and will work with any potential buyer to make a hassle free transaction.

$7250 or best offer. Thank you for looking. Please only email me for the photo links if you are seriously interested.

Stonehard

Reaction score
I have had a couple of questions about the plastic etc. It currently has the following fitted:
OTP aged rings
RS switch ring and Tip
Pair of OTP aged PAF covers (not available commercially)
OTP aged guard (not available commercially)
Fatboy guard bracket, screw and nut
Fatboy aged height adjustment screws and aged ring mounting screws
Vintage Clone Gold Burst knobs

All factory supplied parts will also be included.

Reaction score
forgive my ignorance but is the whole neck brazillian ( like the Modern Eagles ) or just the f/board?

Reaction score
daaammmnnn...so a Braz board adds $2k to an R9..thats frikin crazy ( at least with an ME you were getting a complete braz neck )

Bloody rocker

Reaction score
Crazy? yes it is!:D But the prices will get higher in a few years i think..

Stonehard

Reaction score
Then maybe you should snap it up Bloody rocker. Jump on a ferry and come on over.

Texas07R8

Reaction score
It's mainly the Brazilian that commands all the extra money but there's something very special about the 2003 R9's and other Reissues of that year. The top carve is amazing, fit and finish are top notch, it was a very good year for R9s. Premium woods are evident in the run too, the finest maple tops, best mahogany backs and necks. I had one that looked like it came out of BOTB. Btw, the BOTB reissues were also released in 2003 as were the Music Machine Stingers so that's quite a pedigree that year.

The ONLY reason I don't have mine anymore is I traded it for a minty 59 Jr.

The value is well beyond just the Brazilian rosewood. It is interesting that people get alarmed about the extra $2k for a Brazilian board but then doesn't mind spending that same premium on a flame instead of a plain maple top.

Soldano16

Reaction score
daaammmnnn...so a Braz board adds $2k to an R9..thats frikin crazy ( at least with an ME you were getting a complete braz neck )
Not so fast. I used to think the same way until.......

I had a conversation with a luthier who stated his opinion that the ONLY way to have a great sounding LP is to have good Brazilian rosewood. He said that's why people like his guitars so much. It's all in the Braz wood.

According to him.

I've never played a Braz historic

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Brazilian IS worth it for tone and collectability! What a fantastic Les Paul with great and desirable upgrades...top notch!

Stonehard

Reaction score
SOLD... and thank you to everyone for the kind comments. The guitar is on its way back to the USA.

Latest Threads