2003 American Standard Strat for Trade

Rick

Reaction score
2003 American Standard Stratocaster with some modifications. LSR Roller Nut, Locking Tuners, Seymour Duncan pickups. It has also been refinished in Olympic White nitrocellulose lacquer. TruOil on the neck. The finish is very thin. There are long, vertical checking lines across the body (no spiderweb) but it is very hard to photograph..

This guitar sounds great and plays great. But obviously a refinished guitar is not for everyone. Not looking for lowball offers or offers of other Strats unless they have a Floyd Rose. Looking for superstrat style guitars - Charvel, Ibanez, etc. Telecasters, SG, just something different. I have an Ibanez AZ 2402 that covers any Strat tones I'll ever need and I'm in love with that guitar.

freak

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Nice.....it was red, but you re did it in white? What kind of Seymour Duncans?
<------------I have that I may be willing to trade. 2016 (I think) Charvel. Just saw this so i need to think about it, and make sure the prices are close.
Asking now so i can gather some info.
Where are you at?

Rick

Reaction score
Nice.....it was red, but you re did it in white? What kind of Seymour Duncans?
<------------I have that I may be willing to trade. 2016 (I think) Charvel. Just saw this so i need to think about it, and make sure the prices are close.
Asking now so i can gather some info.
Where are you at?
Correct. It was chrome red polyurethane and I refinished in white nitrocellulose. There was an unsightly chip in the red and being a basically unrepairable finish I just stripped and refinished the whole thing. It was a fun project.

The whole pickguard was a prewired kit from 920D Custom. Specs:

* Seymour Duncan Vintage Hot Stack Neck Pickup
* Seymour Duncan Classic Stack Plus Middle Pickup
* Seymour Duncan Custom Stack Plus Bridge Pickup
* Bourns 250K Push-Pull Pot (for 7 way switching)
* Genuine CTS 250K Pots
* Original CRL USA 5 Way Switch
* .022µF Orange Drop Capacitor
* Gavitt Vintage Wiring

I'm in south central KY about 60 miles north of Nashville.

freak

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how to work out a trade value to be honest.....My Charvel was I believe $849 new from what I can remember.....I know yours is older.....

Rick

Reaction score
Not sure how to work out a trade value to be honest.....My Charvel was I believe $849 new from what I can remember.....I know yours is older.....
I sent you a PM.

freak

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Dude sorry I had some shit come up and I haven't been around.....I'll try and get pics tomorrow.