2003 alpine white brazilian stinger!

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
That's cool, I like those white standards.

LPCollector

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That is one of five '57 Alpine White Stingers produced.

Can someone do the monetary conversion to dollars for us?

Tim Plains

Reaction score
That's pretty sweet. Throw some reflectors on it, change the plastics, and you have a winner. :thumb:

JPP373

Reaction score
So its a 57..But looks like a Standard. Can anyone can clarify. So its supposed to be a White Gold Top?

ctkarslake

Reaction score
"White Gold Top", there must be something lost in translation. '57s were usually Gold Tops, probably over 90%. But, of course Gibson would change it up now and then. I've got a '57 Blacktop reissue(2007) but I"ve never seen an actual one from 1957. Do they exist? Who knows? It could have started life as a '58 but it's neck was too fat so they called it a '57.

I do believe too that in 1957 these were called "regulars", not standards (as opposed to the fancier "customs"). The term "standard" wasn't used until the 1960 model.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So its a 57..But looks like a Standard. Can anyone can clarify. So its supposed to be a White Gold Top?

"So its 57..But looks like a Standard" - Not sure what you mean here. In 57 they made Standards and Customs. Standards usually came in gold; Customs in black.

LPCollector

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Music Machine Stinger Series had many non historically correct colors......ie, Iguana Burst, Firemist, ect... and, in this case, Alpine White.

To clarify, these are '57 RI Standards.

2 of these Alpine White Stingers had X large necks; 1 had a 59 neck; 2 had a 60 neck.

I have to agree with R9....if this guitar had black plastics and double black exposed pickups....it would be killer!

To my knowledge, the only Stinger Customs were SG's and Flying V's.

JPP373

Reaction score
"So its 57..But looks like a Standard" - Not sure what you mean here. In 57 they made Standards and Customs. Standards usually came in gold; Customs in black.

I guess cuz i wasn't sure what i was looking at..When i first saw 57 i thought 57 Custom Stinger but ofcourse this is not a Custom. Then i realized it is Standard of which i think 57 Gold Top. I was Snow Blinded with all that White. Then i came to the Conclusion i don't like it so now i don't care:laugh2:

LPCollector

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Could someone, whom is good at Photoshop, please change the plastics to black and:
1) Pickups to double black
2) Pickups to double white

Thank you in advance!

....then, if I like one of the pictures......I may need some help from one of our Swedish speaking LP Brothers............

:wave:

scooter

Reaction score
Wow! Is that thing fugley or what? If it were mine it would have black plastic, black speed knobs and double blacks......... For the stinger obsessed only I guess..... I would never pay 6K for that!

jamman

Reaction score
I'm sick ..... I know , and the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. :wow::wow::wow: :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
But I could go for 1 more Stinger ...... Soon ......Soon :laugh2:

JPP373

Reaction score
I'm sick ..... I know , and the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. :wow::wow::wow: :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
But I could go for 1 more Stinger ...... Soon ......Soon :laugh2:

Which Stinger would that be? can't tell me you Really like this white one?

jamman

Reaction score
Different is good , Sometimes. :hmm: And really, You don't know the answer to your question ? :lol::lol::lol: :D

JPP373

Reaction score
Different is good , Sometimes. :hmm: And really, You don't know the answer to your question ? :lol::lol::lol: :D

I prefer Cool and Unussual:naughty: You a Man of Considerable Taste...I cannot think that would be the Ghost Stinger!

jamman

Reaction score
I prefer Cool and Unussual:naughty: You a Man of Considerable Taste...I cannot think that would be the Ghost Stinger!

Part of it is , it's rare . How many white Stingers are out there ? but I think I'm gonna have to pass . My Addiction for flame has overcome my confused judgement and helped me back on the path of figure. Where I belong.:naughty::naughty::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Latest Threads