2002 Gibson Les Paul Studio -This is way I chose it.

in2madness

Reaction score
I suppose that after 30 years of procrastination there is always the chance that you may over thought things?

bhyatt1

Reaction score
I think I nearly bought this exact guitar a couple months ago... But I decided on a '91 Wine Red instead. Did you get it from ebay by chance?

bhyatt1

Reaction score
Ebony board, 50s neck, and the price was alot better. I played one locally that I couldn't live without. That one was beautiful though. I found mine and fell in love. Even chose it over a standard

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Congrats!
To my ear the 490/498 sound pretty close to the jazz/JB... both sets are heavy on the mids and brightness. If you put the Jazz/JB in the Lester, the sound won't change much.

nayoud

Reaction score
Congrats!
To my ear the 490/498 sound pretty close to the jazz/JB... both sets are heavy on the mids and brightness. If you put the Jazz/JB in the Lester, the sound won't change much.

Thanks
What pups would you suggest ?
Cheers

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
you said you like the 57 classics? Go with them.
Duncan 59's are nice, too.

budg

Reaction score
I agree ! ... any particular issues to be aware of when buying one !
Only thing I can say is like anything else, dont be afraid to send one back to the heap if it doesnt seem up to standards. My first one had a pretty thin neck and the back of the neck was always sticky. There were file and jig marks along the fretboard. I took it back and got a LP Traditional instead. 6 months ago I found one that was perfect and the neck is a thicker 60s neck. Best guitar I ever played. Once you find a good 335 , you found a great guitar.:dude:

Latest Threads