2001 korean its a good year for a epi les paul???

motxoh

Reaction score
Hello my name is Jordi I'm from Spain and I have 26 years.

although little English took time visiting the forum.

He reason I write this, is that I found a les paul epipone korea in 2001 in ebay

I'd like to know your opinion on whether it is good buy or whether to seek another year of manufacture

Thanks!

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Epiphones have been of consistent quality - between China and Epiphone production.

The more important question is whether the guitar itself has any problems or issues.

Are you able to go play it before buying it?

Welcome to the forum!

Sirzach

Reaction score
I think 2001 was a good year. Most all years were good, though.

Welcome to the forum.

boombox

Reaction score
I have a Dot from 2002 and the quality is excellent. Do you know the serial number? I can vouch for what I've seen from the Samick and Unsung factories. Those would be serial numbers beginning with S or U.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have a Dot from 2001 and the quality is excellent. Do you know the serial number? I can vouch for what I've seen from the Samick and Unsung factories. Those would be serial numbers beginning with S or U.
Agreed! I picked up several guitars made at Unsung when I lived in Korea. And, my Samick LP is great as well.

Peerless factory did a lot of the Korean Hollowbodies and also did great work.

motxoh

Reaction score
Tanks for replie.

You're right, the ideal would be to try it, but I can hardly find a Korean epi so I search ebay
here some pics of the guitar
Epiphone les paul pictures by ebonyandivory2 - Photobucket

in the announcement puts the guitar is Korean (SAMICK), however I have asked the serial number of the seller to confirm,

It has some minor flaws as you will see in the pictures, but while they are only aesthetic does not bother me

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I hope it is VERY cheap!

That damage on the lower bout needs to be taken care of. You will need to drill and dowel the hole, then level it out and touch up (if you want).

There is nothing wrong with Chinese Epiphones, either. They are just as good as the Korean models.

shtdaprdtr

Reaction score
In my opinion..I think Korean Epi's are the best Epi's....SO FAR!

KenG

Reaction score
^^ You're not including the MIJs obviously :hmm:

DaveM

Reaction score
Epi's made in China, Indonesia and Korea are all pretty much the same quality wise. The Japanese made Epi's were a step or three up the ladder.

sasquatch

Reaction score
I hope it is VERY cheap!

That damage on the lower bout needs to be taken care of. You will need to drill and dowel the hole, then level it out and touch up (if you want).

There is nothing wrong with Chinese Epiphones, either. They are just as good as the Korean models.
Especially since Epiphone Qingdao has really stepped up control as I've noticed with my most recent Epi's from that factory all I have to do is set them up. They play great, sound great, have great tonal response plugged or unplugged and I couldn't be happier with the build.
I'm pretty choosy as to what I buy so I won't settle for crap.
Keep crossing those fingers when the box comes out and you open it up that it's a good one.
They've been getting better at it these days!

LEFTY LES

Banned
Reaction score
I had a 98 MIK Epi and it was amazing. I miss that guitar. I will probably never buy another LP again but if I did i wouldnt overlook a MIK. But like some of these guys said, MIJ were the best. Right up there with the real deal gibbys.

markerdown

Reaction score
My #1 epi LP plus top is a 2001, made in the ROK. Awesome guitar,:dude:

Mark H

Reaction score
Tanks for replie.

You're right, the ideal would be to try it, but I can hardly find a Korean epi so I search ebay
here some pics of the guitar
Epiphone les paul pictures by ebonyandivory2 - Photobucket

in the announcement puts the guitar is Korean (SAMICK), however I have asked the serial number of the seller to confirm,

It has some minor flaws as you will see in the pictures, but while they are only aesthetic does not bother me

That break on the lower strap peg is more than cosmetical (yes thats a word), you could just move the mounting hole over a bit and put a strap lock to make it safe again.

I paid $180 and $160 for each of these MIK LPs (1999's both) They JAM but the PUP's sux.
So keep it under $150 with deflation and the depression in mind.
ITS A BUYERS MARKET YALL!

Big L

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Epi LP Standard and it's my favorite guitar to play. Fits me like a glove. One reason I like it so much is that I don't treat it with kid gloves...it's been banged around a lot. No wiping down or any of that... just pick it up and play. Awsome guitar.

Roger66

Reaction score
Hello my name is Jordi I'm from Spain and I have 26 years.

although little English took time visiting the forum.

He reason I write this, is that I found a les paul epipone korea in 2001 in ebay

I'd like to know your opinion on whether it is good buy or whether to seek another year of manufacture

Thanks!
I played a 200l Epi Les Paul a few days ago. A friend brought it by for me to do intonation. He just bought it for $300. I am SO JEALOUS!
That is a GOOD GUITAR!
It is a sunburst with a beautiful matched maple top.
I have many nice expensive guitars. I would be happy to add the 2001 Epi LP to my collection. I compared it to my 2011 Les Paul Supreme which was almost 10 times the price, and really, it was just as good as far as I could tell. We plugged them into a Marshall JTM45 Stack at low volume. They Both sounded Beautiful, but a bit different. Both have very high quality tone.
If I could buy any guitar right now, it would be the Epi LP 2001, made in Korea by Samick. Best value I have ever seen. I AM going to buy one soon.
But I cannot tell you the difference in the quality of each year of them.
I think that the quality varies a lot even in the same year and on which day of the week and which factory worker built it.
How it was stored and played, what the climate was like where it was.
I have to stress the importance of actually playing it before you buy it, but in this case,
I want to tell you that the one I played was AWESOME.
I Would buy one.
I Will buy one.
I'd say DO IT!
I know a guy with a few extra tuners for it, lol
Good luck

ucsteve

Reaction score
I have an MIK 02 from the Saein. most of the korean stuff back then was made really well. If you can get a good deal on it, they ae great guitars when you upgrade the p/u's and wiring. thats what i did with this one. The goldtop is a new 2020
bloodburst-goldtop post mods.jpg

Latest Threads