2001 Gibson LP '59 Historic & early 2000s Gibson Goldtone GA30RVS amp

bosnialove

Reaction score
The guitar is still untouched and it is still exactly how it left the factory 18 years ago. :p I bought a Gibson Goldtone GA30RVS today... It is like new. It sounds so nice, but it is very loud.

I have got a opportunity to buy the Gibson Goldtone GA30 head, too.. Shoulf I buy it? I won't have any money left after buying the head, haha..

Anyways, the pictures..

:)

DanD

Reaction score
The head makes way more sense!

I have a USA [Black] GA 30 RVS and a brown UK GA 60 RVS. Either one is at least 85 if not 90 pounds. Great for a studio or a roady.

The head / cab is far easier to actually take outside the house. Both of mine are far too loud to use as bedroom/ practice amps.

The 30 will handle a pretty large theater. The 60 w/EL34s is a Marshall on steroids. The 5 way footswitch is mandatory. My GA30 was not used much at all until I learned the joys of the ch1/ch2 combination.

Neither of mine are going anywhere but they'd leave the house far more often if I had the head and cab.

Both fly under the radar as far amps go. The range of tones from Vox to Marshall with a great clean 'verb these Goldtones should've been household names IMB. But the pricing from new was so prohibitive that most folks never got a chance to try them before they were discontinued.

Congrats! You scored an awesome amp!

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The guitar is still untouched and it is still exactly how it left the factory 18 years ago. :p I bought a Gibson Goldtone GA30RVS today... It is like new. It sounds so nice, but it is very loud.

I have got a opportunity to buy the Gibson Goldtone GA30 head, too.. Shoulf I buy it? I won't have any money left after buying the head, haha..

Anyways, the pictures..

:)
Outstanding brother!!!

However, y’all can’t just post pictures,we need to hear it!!!

DanD

Reaction score
Just saw this link to 2019 Gibson marketing still. The amp backdrop are Goldtones.

Gibson must still hold these in high esteem or they still have unsold new ones in the warehouse....

fleahead

Reaction score
LMAO, with the broken Gibson logo on the right cabinet!!!

Even the logo on the amp head is crooked....

DanD

Reaction score
The handles on heads and combos, the logos on all, and the vinyl on the brown ones was designed to relic rather quickly.

Gibson were way ahead of their time in this...