2 Shot, 1 Killed Outside of MLK Junior High School in Detroit

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the parents should take these kids behind the barn and shoot them themselves BEFORE they go out and commit armed robbery. Hey, it is okay to admit you did not improve the human race and want a do-over.

You see, nice people tolerate bad people. And bad people take advantage of them.

I have no tolerance for those who would rape, rob, or harm/kill others. They cannot pay their debt to society as far as I am concerned.

There is really no reason in the world anyone should have to worry about another person trying to harm you. Now bears and tigers, well, they might eat you, but why put up with these hoodlums or gangsters etc?

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
good points made

So, your getting robbed at gunpoint, dipwad checks his back real quick, you
pull, blow his head off. dead..the end.

Or, you decide a gut-shot, leg shot, etc, He might live, dont need the weight of taking a person's life on your shoulders. Who's going to pay this person's medical bills? They sure as hell arent, they were robbing you? Maybe, just maybe, once they get better they will "see the light" do a 180, and become a model citizen?

Or, hunt you down?

I sure as hell wouldnt want to kill anybody.
If I was protecting myself, my family, my friends, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
But, that doesnt mean I wanted to do it, more like, I had to do it.

blow their kneecaps off.

Move to a building with stairs. :laugh2:

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
good points made

So, your getting robbed at gunpoint, dipwad checks his back real quick, you
pull, blow his head off. dead..the end.

Or, you decide a gut-shot, leg shot, etc, He might live, dont need the weight of taking a person's life on your shoulders. Who's going to pay this person's medical bills? They sure as hell arent, they were robbing you? Maybe, just maybe, once they get better they will "see the light" do a 180, and become a model citizen?

Or, hunt you down?

Never give a person a second chance to harm you. Hit him in the leg so he can't run, and THEN shoot him in the head.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
meanwhile-in-detroit_zpsceae901c.jpg

too soon? or two soon?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score

One shouldn't necessarily look for people to harm but if harm came looking for you, then no one should hesitate deadly force. To hell with this 'shoot to wound' idea. Shoot with the intent to stop the subjects action.

If you just happen to fire 3 shots in rapid succession that ends the threat permanently, well then they got what was coming to them. IMO of course. Opinions will vary.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
You see, nice people tolerate bad people. And bad people take advantage of them.

This is among the fundamental problems with our society today. People in general are far too 'understanding' of criminals. Mommy didn't love them enough blah blah blah.

Criminals thrive on this and use it to their advantage to harm good folk who are doing nothing but living their lives. Sure, criminals should be afforded certain rights in accordance with the law but victims have the inherent right to not become victims in the first place.

Case in point? This very incident. This guy was carrying a personal firearm for self-protection purposes, illegally at that since he was in a 'gun free zone.' He chose to not become a victim by abiding by a fundamental right of a lawful citizen of the United States.

LongBeach

Reaction score
What I noted was just a generic scenario for discussion.
You threaten my life, I shoot to kill.
Last thing I need if for said bad-guy to go and get better, do a little
time, then go try his luck at it again.

A high % typically seem to be "just that dumb" IMO

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Laws and rules only control people decent enough to comply with them. It is SOOO much easier to charge the person who defended himself and others, than to do anything about the thugs in the first place. Only a lawful and honest person can find a law threatening. A criminal does not give a fvck.

JMV

Reaction score
What I noted was just a generic scenario for discussion.
You threaten my life, I shoot to kill.
Last thing I need if for said bad-guy to go and get better, do a little
time, then go try his luck at it again.

A high % typically seem to be "just that dumb" IMO

Fenn has some experience in this area. It's unfortunate that his work does not allow him to carry.

Spirithawk

Reaction score
As much as I'm not "pro gun" I honestly don't see a problem with CC. Thugs don't give a shit about it. Only small issue I see is people in bars, one gets pissed, yadda yadda. Don't hear about it at all though.

When you get a permit one of the first things you learn is where you can and can't carry. Bars are off limits without the owner's, or someone in charge, permission. Even then you must stay sober. It's illegal to be intoxicated and in possesion of a firearm period! No exceptions for anybody!

I was once asked why I shot to kill not wound. My answer was simple and to the point, "Because wounded people become very desperate and still have the ability to shoot back!"

Beer is correct. You shouldn't look for people to harm. However you should keep an eye out for those that would harm you. The number one best defense is to avoid trouble in the first place. Unfortunately that's not always possible.

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
At least in Texas, you cannot legally carry in a bar even if you're a license holder. Anywhere that receives more than 51% of their income from the sales of alcohol will have a 51% sign posted. No carry allowed at all.

Out of curiosity, do such establishments have facilities for you to check your gun upon entry or do you have to leave it in your vehicle? If it has to be left in the car, I wonder if there are many cars that get broken into by people looking to steal a gun?

Spirithawk

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do such establishments have facilities for you to check your gun upon entry or do you have to leave it in your vehicle? If it has to be left in the car, I wonder if there are many cars that get broken into by people looking to steal a gun?

Locked in the car. In my case I have a small safe that slides under my driver's seat. It is secured to the seat frame by a steel cable and has a secure combination lock. If I go into a place, such as a Government building or hospital, my handgun goes into the safe along with my spare magazine. Then the car is locked as well and the car's alarm turned on.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score

That actually would be convenient if places had a something like a coat check, but for guns. Would save me the 20 or 30 paces it takes to walk back to the car and put the gun under the seat.

JMV

Reaction score

Locked in the car, or at home as others have stated.

I, like others I'm sure, do a good job of hiding firearms in their car. Most people breaking into vehicles don't expect to find a gun unless they know the person and know they keep one in their car.

Most are looking for the quick snatch and grab - car stereo, any cash sitting out, electronics, wallet, etc.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
Oklahoma has the same law. I also have a lockbox thats under my seat for storage when I go to certain places but since I'm also a badge holder, I don't fall under the provision on not being allowed to carry in 'no carry' establishments unless I'm drinking...which I don't so I'm covered.

Latest Threads