2 Historic Questions

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
I just saw in someones thread that their new R8 had a Maroonish coloured case (inside) and Black Outside. Dont Historics come with Lifton Cases? (Pink inside, Brown outside?)

And I see alot of members here have R8's and R9's..Do all Reissues sound the same? (R8,R9,R0's?)

Thanks guys!

:slash:

LongBeach

Reaction score
I just saw in someones thread that their new R8 had a Maroonish coloured case (inside) and Black Outside. Dont Historics come with Lifton Cases? (Pink inside, Brown outside?)

And I see alot of members here have R8's and R9's..Do all Reissues sound the same? (R8,R9,R0's?)

Thanks guys!

:slash:

I saw that one too, think it was an LP Custom case.

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
The black with red interior is the standard Custom Shop case. My new R8 (bought it yesterday, bringin' it home next payday) came with the same one.

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You sure it wasn't the $200 LP on ebay? :lol:
Sorry, that ones gonna be around a minute.

S

SKATTERBRANE

Only R9s and R0s come with the Lifton case (unless GC screws it up, like they so often do)

BONEDADDY

Reaction score
Yep...my R6 has the black case with maroon velvet interior. Not sure what year they started using this case but mine is from 2006.

GuitarEnZo12

Reaction score
I think you saw mine.

Theoretically they should all sound the same but it varies from guitar to guitar, all of them sound different.

Some R8's sound amazing some sound terrible, same with every model.

S

SKATTERBRANE

There are three versions of the Black custom shop case. One 1997-1998, then 1999-2005, and then the lastest. Here are the first two versions, the 97-98 version on the right:
cases.jpg

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
What about the Does each Reissue sound the same (as in sound wise like Standards vs Classic) Im talking R8,9, and 0's/

RCCola

Reaction score
My 2000 R9 has a smooth black case with purple interior. The logo says "Gibson Custom" and has a star. Just a FYI.

I'm not braggin or nothing...because I got a gold star...pretty big one...yep...yep

S

SKATTERBRANE

My 2000 R9 has a smooth black case with purple interior. The logo says "Gibson Custom" and has a star. Just a FYI.

I'm not braggin or nothing...because I got a gold star...pretty big one...yep...yep

That is a mid 2005 and up case.

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
I love the black CS cases!

Picture126.jpg

Those Liftons can get bent. Worst case I've ever seen.

brimay

Reaction score
I love the black CS cases!

Picture126.jpg

Those Liftons can get bent. Worst case I've ever seen.

Hey chap, isint it against the law to take a pickgaurd off a beautifull(yes i spell beautifull with two L's)
LP and make it look ugly?

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
Hey chap, isint it against the law to take a pickgaurd off a beautifull(yes i spell beautifull with two L's)
LP and make it look ugly?

:laugh2: I go through phases. Sometimes I like no guard, but she's wearing it now.

20080521_8.jpg

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
Ahem...pickguards...get bent :p Nah, Im looking at puting a screwless on mine. If one didnt come on a Historic I bought, I wouldnt drill one in....probably.

So R8's...Black. R9 and R0 Lifton. I suppose R4 - R7 is also Black?

(Bole, please stop posting pics of that guitar in all the threads around here, GAS for a $4,500 guitar isnt healthy for someone my age!)

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
Ahem...pickguards...get bent :p Nah, Im looking at puting a screwless on mine. If one didnt come on a Historic I bought, I wouldnt drill one in....probably.

So R8's...Black. R9 and R0 Lifton. I suppose R4 - R7 is also Black?

(Bole, please stop posting pics of that guitar in all the threads around here, GAS for a $4,500 guitar isnt healthy for someone my age!)

$4,500?!? Is that what R8s go for in Oz?

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
Thats not RRP.

The Rock Inn - Guitars :: Gibson

Look down this list. How ripped off are we? R8's are $5,999 RRP. R9's are $8,999.

Wait a minute, something isnt right there...Custom RRP's are higher than Reissues..

Welcome to the land down under. Unfortunatly, the prices arent under :lol:

So Relax

Reaction score
Hey Vintage Burster, you from Perth??

BTW I picked up my "new" '07 R8 a few months back for $3500 in Aus.

Also all historics do not sound the same. The R7/8/9 are all constructed the same, slightly better quality wood in general in the R9/0's, but other than that they are the same. BUT each series has its own set of variances. It's quite common for an R7 to sound better than an R9. Just got to look around

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
No I am not :)

Where the hell did you go for a price like that!? Fuck, a Standard is that much!

Latest Threads