2 faced bitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zungle

Reaction score
yea, never claimed to be Jesus. Language has always been my downfall and just because I go to church and play in the band doesn't mean I'm perfect It just means I'm trying to improve.

Just so everyone understands my reply, I am not offended by splatters original post at all.....

I literally thought it was funny as hell....

That post would fit right into an episode of "Preacher"

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I left the church we were members of because of similar attitude.... Typical of any group. I felt I didn't need a physical building if it meant putting up with those clowns and helping support the place waaaay past many of the loudest... We were not long term members.... We didn't know who was who when we joined... We loved most of the folks. After a few years, we learned who was who and such....and some's colors shined through...

It is always going to be. It always has been. Same in ANY group of folks....

Any time you have a somewhat static group, you will have folks that will rise to the top, whether by merit or ego. The ego group see an opportunity to show just how smart they are, far smarter than anyone else in the room, and their ego gets the best of them....

You have truly good people that are dedicated to the bone. Then you have the other folks....

Here is the kicker: They are convinced they are working in the best interest of the 'group'. They actually believe they know more than the rest and are far more intelligent and knowledgeable about the topic at hand than anyone else.... They are NOT evil. Their ego has just gotten the best of them. It is not by any inherent nefarious intent. That is what makes them so dangerous. Others will say 'that's just how they are' and let them run the BBQ, cake sale, Crimmus party, etc. etc. etc. freaking etc.... Those folks WILL run everything if not held in check from the beginning... Most folks think 'if it is so important to them to do everything, let em.' They then get torqued later when those folks they ALLOWED to do everything, wind up calling the shots... It is simply because nobody gave them a gut check earlier....

It's kinda like human nature....

Years back, I was elected to a position in an organization..twice. In any group there is adopted procedure and NON adopted... I was fortunate in that I had an old first sgt. retired to my right at meetings... I rem one meeting where someone muttered 'What is he doing? Nobody has ever done it this way before.' Old Sarge said 'Hell if I know. Doesn't make a damn. You will do what he said you will do. No discussion. He runs this operation. You don't.' A gut check works wonders from time to time.... Has to be correct. Has to be warranted. Has to be done by somebody in charge. Otherwise, it turns into a pissing contest. I was well able to handle a pissing contest quick, fast, and in a hurry....

So, the elusive moral to this quadfangled logic is this useless minutia is that within any group, there are folks willing to work their asses off for a cause. However, when they are allowed to take the reins simply because they will bust their ass to get stuff done, a percentage of those folks will develop a falsity that they must be more gifted/smarter/lovable/whatever than others and their ego is off to the races...and most of those don't even realize how they are perceived by others... They truly believe they are gifted and everybody knows it.... They have no clue and are not 'BAD' people as such.... just clueless...

Other folks just let em run buck wild doing everything for various reasons... Folks may work a lot of hours, have a lot fof varied responsibilities elsewhere, or just do not want to dedicate that much time or effort beyond the norm....

So bear in mind, the old lady that runs the church bake sale because she has always run the church bake sale, and will always run the bake sale in her mind, probably starting running the church bake sale because nobody else would do it so they let her run with it, and thus, made all the decisions alone. Don't be surprised when she doesn't play well when someone tries to do it different. That individual better have tough hide and such....

Da pipples are gonna pipple....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would splatter's post offend anyone....

I ain't gonna chunk a rock at him...................

Now if he strolls up to me wearing a Notre Dame Football jersey and blathering nonsense, I might interpret that insanity as he asking for help getting his mind right.... I may 'manually' reset his brain... Then slap a Bama hat on his head and buy him a chilidog.......

once he regains consciousness....

:cool2:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So most of you know I play in a praise band. Well, we had Christmas eve practice tonight and one of the women singing couldn't hear herself in the monitors so she asks the guy running sound to turn her up some (let us call her #1), the guy running sound did turn her up. The other woman on stage who's son was running the board (let us call her # 2 ) thought no one was looking at her and was motioning to her son not to do it and to turn her back down. Which he did cause I was watching him.
#1 is a much better singer than #2 BTW. I have heard recordings of Sunday music on several occasions when these 2 are on stage and I can never hear # 1 but I can always here #2. The usual sound man is #2's husband. I always attributed it to the guy being a horrible sound man because he always has me to loud in the mix. Now however I'm thinking that #2 is just a cunt and her husband is her little dick headed minion and they are doing this on purpose.

What a couple of self-serving ass holes. even if this was going on in a secular band it would make my blood boil but add to it the fact that it is going on in the church.
No wonder people think Christians are a bunch of hypocritical ass holes.

Can you tell I don't like 2 faced people?
That's a lot of anger and judgement for a church band!

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to imply that it had anything to do with Christianity. I was trying to say that it's things like this that tarnish the way the rest of the world see's christians. And yes now that I think about it that includes my reaction to the situation.
I'm kinda like LTDave32 . I like to "finish shit".
I'm gonna leave it at that cause I don't want to get into religion.
You didn't do anything offensive, and have nothing to apologize for. If they want to make some sort of stink, it's on them.

archey

Reaction score
There's a book called "The heart of the Artist" by Rory Noland. I highly recommend it to anyone who has anything to do with serving in a worship setting. It's a really good read.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ok boomer however you need to justify being someone else’s reject.
Hey asshat. You started it. Not me. You made it personal and you thought it was funny. However you didn't consider if I would find it funny.

Now you're just being insulting and trying to get my goat.

I have a cure for that.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Now Deus Vult has a few more days of Xmas shopping to enjoy, unencumbered by needing to post on MLP.

Dude is a classic case of "can dish it out, but can't take it in".

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Reaction score
The problem in churches is the problem with the world. People just need to stay in their lane!! If they spent as much time working on themselves as they did other people they would improve exponentially!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads