1x12 Cab for my Marshall JCM-1 head

Reaction score
Hey all!

Just put down my pre-order in Toronto for the Marshall JCM 1 head. Super excited, and apparantly first on the list so I hope it comes through!

Anyways, I just sold my Tiny Terror head that i've been playing through a Marshall Haze 1x12.

The cab sounded great once it was broken into, but im not sure if the JCM will sound as great through it. So can anybody suggest a good 1x12 cab for the JCM?

From all the speakers i've heard, the G12-65 sounds best imo compared to greenbacks and V30's. Should i just switch out the Haze speaker for one of these? The speaker in it currently is a celestion marquee g12-66 but i can't find any info on this speaker.

Thanks!!:slash:

LesAdrian

Reaction score
Hey all!

Just put down my pre-order in Toronto for the Marshall JCM 1 head. Super excited, and apparantly first on the list so I hope it comes through!

Anyways, I just sold my Tiny Terror head that i've been playing through a Marshall Haze 1x12.

The cab sounded great once it was broken into, but im not sure if the JCM will sound as great through it. So can anybody suggest a good 1x12 cab for the JCM?

From all the speakers i've heard, the G12-65 sounds best imo compared to greenbacks and V30's. Should i just switch out the Haze speaker for one of these? The speaker in it currently is a celestion marquee g12-66 but i can't find any info on this speaker.

Thanks!!:slash:

A 1960a cabinet would be great :thumb:

eaglewolf

Reaction score
A 1960a cabinet would be great :thumb:

Oh, now that would be awesome! Unless, of course, one didn't have room for a 4X12. The 1960a makes a lousy 1X12 if you don't have room for it.

I don't know how good of a cab the Haze 1X12 is, but a speaker change can always improve the sound. Check out Scumback or Weber for some great speakers, or WGS if you want to save some money. There are clips on their respective websites for comparison, as well as YouTube videos. A Celestion Greenback is a speaker many love, though some of the aftermarket speakers (such as Scumback, Weber, and WGS) are preferred by others.

Personally I'm a fan of Scumback from my experience with them. I plan on trying some WGS speakers in a cab one day.

I found the Egnator Rebel 1X12 to be pretty ballsy, though my Scumback equipped 2X12 (H75/H55 combination) was a better match to the JTM-1 head. I like their brighter sound.

Maybe someone else has some other advice they can offer as well.

David

singlecut

Reaction score
1 of those 80's mini stack lead 12 slant cabs wood be cool

i've got a red slant and they are awesome little buggers.

Cheap on the bay

gtimach1

Reaction score
I know that this is a very late response (just noticed this original post), but I have a Marshall Haze speaker cab and it doesn't even compare to a Mesa 1x12 speaker cab (C90 Black Shadow speaker) that I have.

I tried out the Haze cab to see if it would do for another amp head I have on order. I used my Mini Rectifier to see how the Haze would sound compared to the Mesa that I always use with it. I couldn't get anything comparable to the tone out of the Mesa speaker cab (not that I was expecting it to be as good, but I was hoping it would be decent). Just sounded harsh. A better speaker might help, but I think you are also dealing with an inferior cabinet in the Marshall that might not bring the best out of an even better speaker.

I hope you found a good speaker. Good luck.

Latest Threads