$1K for an Overdrive? The Landgraff Dynamic OD

Mike J.

Reaction score
A friend of mine has paid a fortune to get this one - the Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive.
It's definitely a cool pedal with lots of dynamics that are kind of hard to find in overdrives these days.

Worth $500 - 1K? I don't know...but hey, it's a fine pedal.

Here are some of the tones I really enjoyed. I only had it for 2 hours...but it left a pretty good impression and made me enjoy my playing for a moment :)

Last edited:

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
I have a early '03 Flame Painted Langraff DO that was gifted to me by a doctor in Dallas back in '04, because I'm from Texas, and because I messaged him on E-bay asking question about it.

He told me he had 3, and if I wanted one of them, to give him my address and he'd send one of them to me.

I was almost Christmas, and I think he was in the Spirit of the holiday.

I sent him my address, thinking there was NO WAY he was going to gift me the pedal, but it arrived 3 days later.

I still have the pedal, and It's NEVER EVER going anywhere.

I also had #175 Silver Horsie Klon I bought for $175, and no longer have, but that's a whole other story.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Hey Mike have you ever tried a Rockbox Boiling Point? I have one and it's a killer OD.

Gearmanndude does a side by side with the Landgraff and The Rockbox Boiling Point.

Here is one with Sam Vilo with just the Rockbox Boiling Point.

Mike J.

Reaction score
Hey Mike have you ever tried a Rockbox Boiling Point? I have one and it's a killer OD.

Gearmanndude does a side by side with the Landgraff and The Rockbox Boiling Point.

Here is one with Sam Vilo with just the Rockbox Boiling Point.

Never had the chance to play the Boiling Point, but as far as I can see it sounds pretty awesome, too. Thanks for mentioning!

EpiLP1985

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pedals tend to be worth what the market will bear.

Frankly, though, this is a tubescreamer, no more, no less. Some mods of course but hardly an original design. Unless the paint job jacks the price up, you could build this pedal for < $100 even if you splurge on marquee components and a nice enclosure.

EpiLP1985

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pedals tend to be worth what the market will bear.

Frankly, though, this is a tubescreamer, no more, no less. Some mods of course but hardly an original design. Unless the paint job jacks the price up, you could build this pedal for < $100 even if you splurge on marquee components and a nice enclosure.
I should clarify my previous post:

I don't want to sound like i'm crapping on builders of famous pedals. Frankly, it's too easy and lazy to just denigrate builders of pedals that have acquired an undesirable amount of mystique.

As a DIY pedal guy, i'm simply trying to alert people to the fact that these circuits are not secret. With the exception of the Klon, most of the more famous overdrives are Tubescreamer variants. With the many resources available to people with an internet connection and a breadboard, ANYONE can build a killer, tweaked Tubescreamer circuit. Hell, all the famous variants have their tweaks documented against the original. You could, quite literally, build a clone of the Landgraff that may be indistinguishable from the original.

Same goes for fuzzes and just about any other "mythical" and highly coveted pedal. This is a glorious time to be alive if you are a DIY'er because there is so much information, so much support, and a plethora of readily available compoents, enclosures, etc.

Latest Threads