19LPR8VOSNH1 Comming Soon............To a Gearhead you know.....

Redwine

Reaction score
Heck yeah brother!! Can’t wait to see more pictures!
Tone report too!!

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Its here......

time for some evaluation....

so far its beautiful....

whats up with the case latches????

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
So here are my first thoughts ….

Appearance ...Killer ...the back is darker than I like.. but no biggie, its still beautiful. But aesthetically it's everything a Les Paul should be. It also can be mistaken for an R9

Now here is the REAL interesting part, This thing reminds me so much of my old Historic Makeover that I'm just flabbergasted...The first thing I noticed was the neck binding and the body binding is different and just like the old HM
(I read somewhere that Gibson started a different binding sometime ago) this is the first I have inspected one up close.

So far this is a great player...

A word about the pots and caps

….they do what they are supposed to do....the volume does not get muddy when you turn it down, and the caps "appear" to be PIO Bees with the filler soldered.....there is an excellent taper on the bridge pickup volume control but not so pronounced on the neck pickup....and as usual I don't like the neck pickup turned all the way up....it gets muddy like so many others.

plastics are nice 2015 style, and the pickup covers are a la 2015 as well ….but not quite the look I am after (Throwbak)

The guitar was set up nice, the nut was cut better from factory.

I need to spend more time with it today, and its going to band this evening for a romp with a Marshall.

Tonally it rings like a bell, and once I found the groove (which was quickly) I put it down just to breath and go pee....

Did they move the silk screen "Les Paul model" ?? I head they did ….there is a thread....I don't like it....

Pics to follow ….its a gloomy day here today ...so we'll see ...if not then tomorrow....

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Post band practice tone report.....Well I have to admit....Gibson nailed this bridge pickup....

Criticism #1 ...This bridge pickup could be a tad hotter...nothing that a pedal could not fix...

Criticism #2 ...This Neck pickup needs some adjustment or a another pickup. Its flubby turned all the way up ...I really hate that....So not sure what to do here except lower it or not ever put it on 10...the up side to this is it means that their pots work as they should.

I didn't "test" the new caps yet....not a priority ...

That out of the way; this is an excellent guitar for weight, 8.4 lbs., its playability wasn't "butter" but I'll address that. Its stable like a rock...I tuned to open G, its was there after a cold ride and getting jostled, then I tuned up to standard and it had Zero issues...And most importantly it sounded sweet when I wanted it to and mean as hell when I needed it to.

Lastly it a very nice looking guitar....

The case....??/ WTF...

Its a vintage case ...with the older flip latches and one over center latch....It the same case from back in 2003 made to copy the vintage cases. So while it a pretty cool looking case it serves me no purpose....I bought an older Gibson USA case (the brown pebbled one from Canada) so that's how you do that..

Next week I'll record it in band and I'll post a horrible tune for your listening pleasure....

Special thanks to Breaze Guitars who was super cool over this deal. I will shop there again in future.

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I will try to take more today of the guitar and I'll include the case