1999 Gibson '58 Historic Reissue Les Paul DC Junior

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
1999 Gibson Custom Shop '58 DC Junior

Here's a very nice DC Junior with a few upgrades. The neck is straight as can be and it plays beautifully. All the fun of a vintage Junior at a fraction of the price.

- Feather light at 7.2 lbs.
- Dark fretboard
- Zero fret wear
- Neck measures .804" at the first fret
- Case candy included
- Custom Shop case

All original except for the following upgrades:
- MojoAxe Lightweight Compensated Wraparound bridge (original stock bridge included)
- MojoAxe celluloid tortoise pickguard (made from old-stock material, stock black guard included)
- Steel studs added (original brass studs included)

This guitar is in mint condition with the exception of a blemish on the backside near the strap button (which is pointed out in a photo below). The finish is perfectly smooth in the area of the blemish, but the surface is dulled and slightly discolored. I suspect that the spot was caused between the nitro finish a guitar stand. Gibson Pump Polish did not remove it, however buffing might.

SOLD shipped within the continental US. Contact Dan at dynasonic@msn.com

Last edited:

BSeneca

Reaction score
Great deal. Did it come with both black and tortoise shell pick guards? My 58 has a tortoise

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The black guard is the stock guard. I made this tortoise guard from old-stock celluloid tortoise material that I acquired a while back. You must have a new Junior, because I believe that 2017 is the first year that Gibson put a tortoise pickguard onto a DC Junior since 1960.