1998 Gibson Les Paul CLASSIC

SUNBURSTING

Reaction score
Hi, Have a question if someone can help here regarding Gibson pickups. OK I have a friend that just bought a like new 98 Gibson Les Paul Classic in really nice condition OHSC all stock...............except. The pickups that it originally had were changed out for 4 conductor wire Gibson 57 Classic [Neck] and Gibson 57 Classic PLUS [Bridge] pickups. The guy that sold it to him said these were a big upgrade from what was in it. Trying to find out the date these pickups were made that are now in the guitar. The original owner said he bought them as a set when they were installed,I understand the 57 Classic PLUS version was done later.Anyone know what year the Gibson 4 wire 57 Classic Plus pickup became available? that would narrow down the year these pickups are Just something he would like to know if possible. Any help would be appreciated

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
thank-you-funny-crying-meme-picture.jpeg

Oleynior

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the first 57 Classic PLUS debut in 2008 in LP Traditional. Pickups of that time had white sticker with production date on the back plate. Maybe this will help.

corona powers

Reaction score
Thanks to the previous owner for swapping out the horrible hot ceramic pickups.
Only good for one sound imo and they don’t clean up very well.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
496r/500t ceramics are my favorite pups on earth…

the internet hates the combo…but I’ve put them in 3 guitars and the 496r is the middle pup in most of my 3 pups…

it should be noted I play air supply to warm up my fingers soooooooo, probably don’t listen to me…
im not joking btw

-chris

Latest Threads