1997 DC LP Emeral green

Bambamswosh

Reaction score
I hope this is the correct place for this question. I’m having a hard time finding what my guitars worth. I looked up the serial number and it has humbuckers. I’ll post the specs. Can anyone tell how much it’s worth. I got it for 250.

Attachments

speyfly

Reaction score
If its in good playing shape I would say $1000 on the low end and $1500 for that person that's looking for that exact guitar. DC's are somewhat rare and can bring top dollar. $250 and it's all there, somebody call the cops, you stole it!

That being said, I'm no expert but I do have a TVY Special and I know what it would take to separate me from it.

Last edited:

Bambamswosh

Reaction score
Oh no it jams. It’s all there and there’s no hiccups. I’ve just never been into gibsons and I came across this DC. Well I needed a guitar so I bought it. I really would like to sell it for another guitar that’s baritone. I’ll post pictures soon too.

endial

Reaction score
Yep.

You won this round.

And someday you'll say "Why did I ever get rid of that awesome DC Studio for a stupid BARITONE?"

Post it here Member Classifieds ...when you're ready. About thirty guys are waitin'.

Bambamswosh

Reaction score
Yep.

You won this round.

And someday you'll say "Why did I ever get rid of that awesome DC Studio for a stupid BARITONE?"

Post it here Member Classifieds ...when you're ready. About thirty guys are waitin'.
Hold on a second why are baritones stupid? I love the sound of a baritone. Either way. And how did I win?

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
250 is a pretty good deal.
Can't tell from the pictures, is there any signs of a headstock repair?
Overall the DC studio isn't a very popular model, I don't see it being worth double the price of a regular studio.
There is obvious wear and marks on that guitar.
I think 750 is a more realistic estimate, i'd list it for 1000 and see what happens.

musicmaniac

Reaction score
$1000 sounds about right provided it comes with a hard case.

endial

Reaction score
Hold on a second why are baritones stupid? I love the sound of a baritone. Either way. And how did I win?
Well, you "won" by getting a pretty primo guitar for much less than half of what they'd typically go for, plus, it has some real "cool factor" going for it.

Baritone guitars are just fine and there's really nothing stupid about them. I was just embellishing the emotive. But, if I were you, I'd hang on to this and find a baritone of your liking aside from this, as I truly believe you might regret having gotten rid of it later on.

If I were financially able to do so, I'd offer you twice what you paid for it right now. I truly wish I could.

speyfly

Reaction score
Oh no it jams. It’s all there and there’s no hiccups. I’ve just never been into gibsons and I came across this DC. Well I needed a guitar so I bought it. I really would like to sell it for another guitar that’s baritone. I’ll post pictures soon too.
Having looked at the additional pics and looking at other Studio DC's that are for sale I will stand by my value assessment. The pricing for used guitars is getting a little crazy, over priced imho but I'm seeing the cheapest Studio DC's are asking around $1300 and the most expensive is around $1700ish. Condition of the guitar will determine the real price and if it doesn't have any issues like head stock repair you should expect to get $1000-$1300 for it. Keep in mind it's worth what someone will pay so don't cheap sell it. For $250 invested, hang onto it and get yourself a baritone too!

Latest Threads