1996 SG STD. Bridge question

tbwrench

Reaction score
Hi Guys, NGD for me. 96 SG Standard. :D

I looked it over, it's looking pretty stock, pu's elec's but when I restrung it, I noticed it has a ABR-1 bridge. Shouldn't it be a Nashville??

Is this easy to swap bridges back and forth? (s/n 92186316)

Also, the intonnation adj. screws are facing the bridge. I thought the screws faced the Bridge PU. so I could lower the tail piece.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks! tbw.

KRaZeE

Reaction score
All I can tell you is 1) my 94 standard has an ABR1 and I bought it new and 2) I don't pay attention to the direction of the bridge as long as it intonates properly and I top wrap, so I never hit the screws anyway.

tbwrench

Reaction score
All I can tell you is 1) my 94 standard has an ABR1 and I bought it new and 2) I don't pay attention to the direction of the bridge as long as it intonates properly and I top wrap, so I never hit the screws anyway.

Thanks for the fast reply KRaZeE,

I suspect this guitar is all stock. I like the ABR-1 better than the Nashville anyway. That's good news. I was thinking of topwrapping, my brother does it and it seens easier to bend that way. I might have to try that.

tbw.

scottyk

Reaction score
For what it's worth...
My 98 Standard: Stock set up - ABR w/ Screws facing back.
GibsonSGStandard011.jpg

tbwrench

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic scottyk.

How do you like the emg's?

tbwrench

Reaction score
For what it's worth...
My 98 Standard: Stock set up - ABR w/ Screws facing back.
GibsonSGStandard011.jpg

I am going to take the ABR-1 bridge and turn it around so the screws are facing away from the stop bar. It will be easier to adj. intonation and I can lower the stop bar to the body with out the string hitting the intonation adj. screw.

Latest Threads