1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard

snakeface

Reaction score
https://reverb.com/ca/item/22595114-gibson-les-paul-standard-1996-wine-red

1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard with a gorgeous Wine Red finish on which you can see all the wood grain, the photos really don’t do it justice. The pickups have been changed to EMG James Hetfield Signature pickups but the original Gibson 498T and 490R pickups are included, rosewood fingerboard, no chambering, none of that silliness, such a solid guitar, the good wood era as they call it.

The 90’s Gibson are well known for amazing quality and this one is no exception. The feel and the tone out of this guitar is out of this world. The tone of the EMG James Hetfield pickups is huge and warm, very resonant and a lot of sustain. It is heavy sounding but they sound rich and actually quite dynamic in a clean amp. Sustain is monstrous, you hold up that B string at the twelve fret and it just sings, it sustains forever. I can’t find words to explain how good sounding this guitar is. If you want to put it back all stock, the Gibson pickups and everything else is included. The neck is very comfortable, it is a rounded 59. The action is low with no buzz, straight neck, pro setup done by my luthier, plays like butter.

The guitar is impeccable, except some light buckle rash on the back (see photo) and one ding on the edge of the body. It comes with its original Gibson case, the pickguard and the stock Gibson pickups.

Due to CITES regulations (rosewood fingerboard) shipping to US is at your own risk.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
https://reverb.com/ca/item/22595114-gibson-les-paul-standard-1996-wine-red

1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard with a gorgeous Wine Red finish on which you can see all the wood grain, the photos really don’t do it justice. The pickups have been changed to EMG James Hetfield Signature pickups but the original Gibson 498T and 490R pickups are included, rosewood fingerboard, no chambering, none of that silliness, such a solid guitar, the good wood era as they call it.

The 90’s Gibson are well known for amazing quality and this one is no exception. The feel and the tone out of this guitar is out of this world. The tone of the EMG James Hetfield pickups is huge and warm, very resonant and a lot of sustain. It is heavy sounding but they sound rich and actually quite dynamic in a clean amp. Sustain is monstrous, you hold up that B string at the twelve fret and it just sings, it sustains forever. I can’t find words to explain how good sounding this guitar is. If you want to put it back all stock, the Gibson pickups and everything else is included. The neck is very comfortable, it is a rounded 59. The action is low with no buzz, straight neck, pro setup done by my luthier, plays like butter.

The guitar is impeccable, except some light buckle rash on the back (see photo) and one ding on the edge of the body. It comes with its original Gibson case, the pickguard and the stock Gibson pickups.

Due to CITES regulations (rosewood fingerboard) shipping to US is at your own risk.

View attachment 374757View attachment 374758View attachment 374759
View attachment 374760
View attachment 374761View attachment 374762
View attachment 374763
My response on seeing this lp FLUBBERDYYTTRGGUUUHUNNNGGHH yeah...its ok.
:eek2: