1993 Les Paul standard help needed

FrostySnowMan

Reaction score
Hey,

Can anyone help with this. Les Paul standard 1993. Any good?
Neck is 60s. How big were they back then I love a small neck. Slim taper 60s style.

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Looks good, some changed parts though: frets, bridge, pickup(s).
Maybe you should ask for the serial number so you can double check year of manufacture

FrostySnowMan

Reaction score
Looks good, some changed parts though: frets, bridge, pickup(s).
Maybe you should ask for the serial number so you can double check year of manufacture
Yea serial is fine. The bridge is changed right. Bad or good? Refret indeed to jumbo’ish. Understandable as it’s a 93. Anything I need to be careful with these old Les pauls?
Also I would appreciate any ones input on neck size as I’d need to travel to view it. I don’t want a big neck

motowntom

Reaction score
"Old Les Paul"? I have a Squire strat older than that.........Is my Squire vintage!!!
Cheers

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Bridge looks like an upgrade to me.
Overall they're not so different from current day Les Pauls.
I really don't know about the neck profile, it's something you need to ask the seller. At some point they started offering 50's and 60's neckprofiles (fat and slim), but I have no idea when this exactly started. Also no clue how they did it before that. I guess they were all somewhat the same size, I guess they were all medium sized.

judson

Reaction score
i have an 83, 90 and 93 studio so if the necks are similar to the Standard, the 83 is maple and the thinner of the 3, then the 93 is a comfortable not too thin and definately not a fatty.....all with ebony fretboards that are perfect for me

the 90 is a fatty but not as fat or chunky as R8 fat.

all feel great which doesnt tell you much but i dont consider the 93 a fat neck at all, very comfortable infact I played all three and the R8 this morning.

i like the early LP 's 90 to 93 and always checking them out....I dont consider them "old" or vintage but they all play great and are very solid players, the 1990 also weighs more than the 93 as that year maybe had some weight relief.

if that is slim 60's you will be fine if you like thin.....

buy it............ i am pretty sure you wont be disappointed...i like the tobacco burst? if thats what they are called...

what kind of price is that if you dont mind me asking...tell me if you pass on it as I always liked the tobacco finish

Last edited:

Telechamp

Reaction score
I stupidly passed on this fantastic local Craigslist deal (Yes, I'm still kicking myself) on this '94 Standard Honeyburst listed a few months back, because the seller said it weighed close to 12 lbs, but he also listed a "50's neck".

The 50's neck wouldn't have been a deal-killer (I prefer a 60's neck) but the weight is what made me balk. As I said, though, if I had the chance to do it all over again, I would buy it in a heartbeat now - 12 lbs or not..
NZ7Vh7X.gif

But I'm curious - Did Standards come in both a 50's and 60's neck in this time frame? ('93-'94)

vyBFaSC.jpg

Latest Threads