1st LP TookLongEnough

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently on youtube there was a channel giving away a 1990 Gibson Firebird Custom Shop in Inverness Green with the pearl pickguard with a black bird on it. Unfortunately, I did not win that guitar. But ever since I have not been able to stop thinking about that guitar. I have searched high and low and can not find any of them for sale. Also, I was having a very hard time finding one with that pickguard on it. I could not find a single picture of one. But I eventually found ONE picture that had the guitar in the case with a pickguard on and the pearl pickguard in the case. So I believe that in 1990 they included an extra pickguard with the firebird. I am not sure about this. I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable people in this group and I just wanted to see if anyone should educate me more on this particular guitar. Did it come with the extra pickguard? If so, what years did it include the extra pickguard? Just 1990? And any other education would be appreciated. Also, anything that might help me find one for sale would also be appreciated. (I checked FB Marketplace, Craigslist, Reverb, Normans rare guitars, ebay, and Chicago music exchange)

Thanks

Attachments

NJDevil

Reaction score
It's most likely a special pick guard for that run only. Great-looking Firebird and, in my opinion, made in Gibson's finest quality control years. I have a '97 Firebird that was and still is flawless.

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
Magnificent! I don't care what the naysayers parrot, there seems to be something consistently remarkable about early 90s Gibsons.

Dig that color! I've got an SG 90 Double with that same pickguard material.. rusty screws and all!

Sparky84

Reaction score
Very unique - kind of like that Sherwood Green Johnny Marr Jaguar I stared at for 6 months in the window of Regent Sounds in Denmark Street in London. Until it finally sold - one of only 50 or so of that special run that made it to the UK. Very hard to find secondhand; really pissed I didn’t pull the trigger on that one when I had the chance.

Latest Threads