1989 Les Paul Studio Lite with Floyd Rose

harzack

Reaction score
Hello all,
greetings from Italy.
Hi, I am new to the forum, and as I did on the official Gibson Forum I would like to share with you some pics of my strange Les Paul.

It's a 1989 Les Paul Studio Lite with Floyd Rose.

Looks like it is a very uncommon model, wonder if you can provide me some more infos, which pickups? materials?
I saw an old thread in this forum where someone spotted a custom lite, very similar to mine (2 pots, coil split etc.)

Regards,
Andrea

Attachments

• DSC_6640.JPG
    DSC_6640.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_6641.JPG
    DSC_6641.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_6642.JPG
    DSC_6642.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_6644.JPG
    DSC_6644.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_6648.JPG
    DSC_6648.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 53

Deftone

Reaction score
Hello all,
greetings from Italy.
Hi, I am new to the forum, and as I did on the official Gibson Forum I would like to share with you some pics of my strange Les Paul.

It's a 1989 Les Paul Studio Lite with Floyd Rose.

Looks like it is a very uncommon model, wonder if you can provide me some more infos, which pickups? materials?
I saw an old thread in this forum where someone spotted a custom lite, very similar to mine (2 pots, coil split etc.)

Regards,
Andrea
Hello and welcome.

I had one. A black '89. They are quite rare. I've seen fewer Studio Lites with Floyds than I have seen Custom Lite's with Floyds. I wish I never sold it.

Studio Lite.JPG

Standard Les Paul materials, Mahogany back and neck, Maple top. Thin body, but unlike the Custom lite that has a '60's slim taper neck, mine had a very thick neck.

IMG_0042.JPG

harzack

Reaction score
Thanks!
It's great to know that I am not alone in the Universe! :D

I see some small differences compared to mine: the knobs and the label on the PU switch.

You have Seymour Duncan PU, guess it's a change made by you.

Previously I saw a custom lite at this link
https://guitarchimp.com/products/19...metallic-sunset-with-original-floyd-rose-rare

It states
Pickups: Original SW-5 Sidewinder / L-8 Humbuckers
I suppose those are the same mounted on my guitar.

Finally in the same link it state that the fretboard is Ebony, I guess also this is the same.

Thanks again, It is really great to know more about my guitar, to me has a special value as it was a gift from my parents for my results at school, more than 30 years ago :S

Regards,
Andrea

harzack

Reaction score
small update,
I had a look at my fretboard, I am not an expert but to me looks more rosewood than ebony.

Latest Threads