1989 Epiphone Les Paul

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Just landed Yesterday on my hands this beauty that was for sale locally. Didn't new anything about it and found the open book headstock shape from that era a bit confusing, but got help from the FB Epiphone group that help me decide on the purchase and man what a great decision!

Its very different in feel that my last Epiphone, the neck shape is great and the flame top is insane!

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Thats a real beauty in great condition too. The Samick Epiphone neck carves are so much better than modern Epiphone imo aswell.

Can we see more :photos: of this one?

Last edited:

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Yeah, I know....

just hope it's not chambered like this one from '89
View attachment 336446
Interesting. But why not hope its like that? Where they randomly weight relieved?

The guitar sounds great acoustically. It rings actually as amazing as my R5 does and it has perfect sustain.

But what i find shocking is how good the pickups are!

Les Paul John

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I know....

just hope it's not chambered like this one from '89
View attachment 336446

That's not a negative for this guitar … if you're a Gibson Les Paul purist I suppose it would be. I know I have Les Pauls with no weight relief and solid wood but I don't hate the others I have that are chambered or weight relieved. They all have their own little personalities.

They're like children …. sometimes you have one that's ugly and stupid but you still love them.

diko

Reaction score
That is truly a beautiful guitar. I wish Epiphone didn't change the headstock design, that small open-book looks awesome, as well as that top. Congrats!

Les Paul John

Banned
Reaction score
it wasn't meant negative - many people just don't know it can be like the shown one
Epiphone never confirmed 'weight-relieved' LPs from that period

They should put up a history sheet specifying which models have what going way back. I think lots of users would appreciate that.