1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst

RDehn

Reaction score
My Dad bought me a 1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst new in 88 for Christmas. I still own it and it was tucked away for many years after my early 20's. I got married started a family and every once in a while I would polish it up, re string it and play a little and put it back. Now I have found myself playing on a daily basis. It seems that I can't really find much info on my 3 piece Maple top. When my Dad and I picked it up from the music shop that, I took lessons from my teacher said it's a reissue model. Since then, I have lost the Gibson authenticated paper work that came with it. I'm 50yrs old and when I received it I was 17. Is 1988 a reissue year for the Standard?

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
It could be an early version of what we call the "reissue" series today.
You should post some pictures if you can, we can tell you much more if we know what you have exactly.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
My Dad bought me a 1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst new in 88 for Christmas. I still own it and it was tucked away for many years after my early 20's. I got married started a family and every once in a while I would polish it up, re string it and play a little and put it back. Now I have found myself playing on a daily basis. It seems that I can't really find much info on my 3 piece Maple top. When my Dad and I picked it up from the music shop that, I took lessons from my teacher said it's a reissue model. Since then, I have lost the Gibson authenticated paper work that came with it. I'm 50yrs old and when I received it I was 17. Is 1988 a reissue year for the Standard?
Welcome to the Forum!

One thing you'll find we like around here is... pictures!
Joke aside, they really help identify a model.

And you could email Gibson with the serial number.
There's a chance they would know.

Waiting for pics...
:thumb:

Latest Threads