1985 Tokai TLC-65

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did not see much info on these either except for the fact that owners that have them like them It's a beautiful guitar.....Good luck

Jp3764

Reaction score
Did not see much info on these either except for the fact that owners that have them like them It's a beautiful guitar.....Good luck

Ive got 2 Fujigen long tenon Orvilles and had many Gibson LP's but i got to tell you this Tokai has something special going on. Not embellishing that.
The harmonic overtones & attack on this guitar are incredible.
I'm glad i took a chance.

Last edited:

zombywoof

Reaction score

'85 Grandy / Tokai

strange year for Tokai. Give it a day and you'll have some better answers.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yes, 1985 was their oddball year, and tracking some of the guitars from then is a little difficult. Hopefully someone will come along who has some info for you.

zeneffect

Reaction score
Learn something new every day. Though tlc was all mahogany :)

Awesome looking guitar

zeneffect

Reaction score
I see you have grass, some time, and a sunny day.

The red will contrast with the green more and make it pop visually, thats why you see a bunch of us "throw em' on the lawn"

Once again, great looking guitar

Jp3764

Reaction score
I see you have grass, some time, and a sunny day.

The red will contrast with the green more and make it pop visually, thats why you see a bunch of us "throw em' on the lawn"

Once again, great looking guitar
For a 35 yr old guitar the colors have not faded or bled hardly at all. The red can go from a dark Ruby red to almost Scarlet in the light. Amazing. Its got nibs too ! Off to the Luthier next week for a fret-level/crown & polish.

Last edited:

Jp3764

Reaction score

Nope, TLS was built between 1983 & 1989.
Believe me Tokai records aren't the greatest. Its taken 8 days of internet searches.
And there is no catalog data that shows my particular model either. But there are other catalog model images. Only Tokai Les Paul Custom info ive found with the 4 diamonds on the headstock are Tokai Black Beauties.
There just doesn't seem to be much available data on a 1985 Tokai TLS-65 Cherry Burst LPC.

Last edited:

Latest Threads