1982 Ibanez AR250, Mint. Absolutely mint.

1982 Ibanez AR250, Mint. Absolutely mint.

Adoran

Reaction score
You know I was reasonably sure. I've had it 20 odd years. I'll run the serial on it when I can get at it. From your question I've done some lookin and I get what you mean - bridge should be different? If it's the 99-03 run that's fuckin hilarious.

I used to trawl classifieds. This is from a trawl. There's a background story to the buy thats just been made way funnier if it's the later.

Either way I love it and this is her forever home. Almost the best £100 guitar I own. University kids in my city - always worth checking classifieds as term ends and stuff gets sold for booze money :)

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
Would have to see the serial. Check on the Ibanez forum. They can tell you chapter and verse on that guitar.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
It should be easy enough to narrow down really. Does it say Made in Japan on the back of the headstock at all or on the electronics cavity ??

Adoran

Reaction score
Lol I do repeat myself a lot. A lot. Aaand I don't notice. It's a brain injury thing. Apologies in advance. Used to annoy the shit outta me.

I'll update when I can get at it. Recovering from hernia op so no stretching or lifting.

It was sold as an 80s ibanez. The fantastically good condition makes more sense now. The young man who I bought it off said his step dad had given it to him and it's from like 1982. A dad guitar. First few years of the run.

So if I am now understanding things it was prob new but didn't fit the kids style he looks it up and it says 1980s. He hated how it looked. Now he hates it even more.

I threw the money at him and ran.

So I looked it up via a phone call to a friend who had internet but not with serial (back in 2002 maybe?).

Brilliant. Love it.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Still an awesome guitar. I think I like it more now.

• Love
Reactions: Who

Adoran

Reaction score
Mystery Solved folks. It's a 99.

So no wonder it was in great condition.

I got a "Daddy's Junky Music" case with it, which is a US Shop I think (bought in Belfast, N. Ireland). I already have a few Ibanez Gigbags from that period. If I'd got it in the gigbag it shipped with I'd have known right away! I do have one actual definite Jap Ibanez but it needs a detail. Bad. I'll post her when I get the crud off.

I'm still a bit fucked, but I'll see if I have pics of any of the other £100 specials. I have another two. Each with a bit of story. Not as good as this tho.

Hope everyone has a Rockin weekend :)

T

Adoran

Reaction score
A chain with that name - wow :)

I worked in the states for a while, and I bought a laptop at Circuit Shitty and the dude was real heavy on the warranty and it even tried getting the till dude to agree with him. I had to repeat "I AM GOING BACK TO IRELAND IN A MONTH I CANNOT USE A US WARRANTY CAUSE THE ATLANTIC OCEAN IS IN THE WAY" a bazillion times and the dude just would not quit, He pops out the CD tray and flicks it "what if this breaks?" I asked him if they sold shit that broke lol he did not stop. The terminator of warranty upsellers.

The strings for a year thing sounds cool tho.

I'd love an Ibanez Woody, or a new model joe sat, I really like the auto paint colours.

Or a Fireman....or a kiko would rock too.

But that's Lester money. I organised a LP Classic (burst ofc) for a friends 50th last month. It was pretty good out of the box. Those cases are beautiful too. I imagine the guitar sleeps well in there.

I like the ESP Ltd Gary Holt a lot too,

speyfly

Reaction score
I'm a little late to this party!

I have a newer version of that one (AR300), played some of the older models too in my youth and the Artist's are awesome. A little thinner neck than I prefer but a sweet playing girl just the same! I won't post mine out of respect to you and your thread.

Congrats,

Latest Threads