1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard Candy Apple Red! $1475.00

Sammy J.

Reaction score
I am VERY reluctantly selling a guitar that I searched for and lusted after for years. These don't come up often. I have loved the hell out of this Les Paul and I've played it like I've meant it.

This is a players axe, but I don't think there isn't a cooler, meaner machine out there for the money. This guitar came with a $2,500 price tag when I bought it a few years ago (and that seemed like a deal).

People talk about Norlin, but some of the absolute coolest and most mojo filled LPs I've ever picked up were Norlins. I agree that they can perhaps be hit or miss... but the build quality of this particular guitar is incredible. The binding, the joints, the fret edge binding, the headstock inlay, fingerboard inlays, control cavity, everything is super tight, clean, and pretty. It has Norlin era Les Paul Custom style frets... they are great and not in need of any kind of dressing at all (I actually had them dressed about a year ago). It has a killer Ebony Fretboard, and this thing sustains.................... If you want the sound and feel of a custom, but the sex appeal of a Standard, this may be your axe. Comes with original Gibson chainsaw style case (OHSC).

The ONLY negative- A couple years ago this sweet guitar suffered an injury and I had to have the headstock repaired. It is an absolutely bulletproof repair and I've actually had better intonation and been in tune longer since it's been out of the shop... a lot of that is the set up, I took it to a tech that actually specializes in headstock repairs. I didn't want him to paint over the repair, because I like the original metallic Candy Apple that's on the neck. The hardly visible line never bothered me. The tuners have been upgraded to Grovers, and the pickups are not stock (I love these pickups). But you knew there was a reason I was asking less than $2K for the guitar... well, there you have it. If it didn't have the repair, this guitar would be selling for a thousand $ higher. The guitar is stronger than it was when it was built... I understand how the market works on these things though and I'm quite realistic... so I've priced this guitar in such a way that nobody should have to think twice about it.

I currently have it stripped down with no pickguard and no pickup covers (I like this look). The guitar will come with the original pickguard though and gold pickup covers.

It's hardly worth even letting go at this price (to me at least), but I need to raise funds for a record release.

The only other 82 Candle Apple Red Standard I have ever seen in person was at Emerald City Guitars in Seattle about 8 months ago and sold for $3K plus tax. It was in basically the same condition as this one (mine may even be cleaner) minus the repair.

Here is a link to the only other one I can find that is currently on the market:
1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard Candy Apple Red > Guitars : Electric Solid Body - Rock n Roll Vintage Guitars | Gbase.com

You can see a few additional pics of my 82 at this link:
82 Candy Apple Red Les Paul Standard Photos by sjriddle | Photobucket

PM me, or sammyjriddle (at) gmail

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Below is the picture that I had as my desktop wallpaper and the one I lusted after for years before I found my 82 Candy Apple... I'm showing you this so you can see what this guitar looks like with pickup covers and the pickguard on.

[/IMG]

DADGAD

Reaction score
I hate you. I have no money and want this guitar.

Nickzephead92

Reaction score
Looking at this thread title, reading through the description, then noticing the date is akin to thinking the cool guys on the playground want to play with you, then realizing their intention is hanging you on the fence post by your tighty whities.