1981 335-S Deluxe Professional sunburst

335-S

Reaction score
In case anyone on the forum may be interested, I've listed my 1981 335-S Deluxe on e-bay. A detailed description and lots of photos are in the listing. These are great guitars. This is one of three that I have. This one may be a one-of-a-kind. It's the only one I've seen with gold hardware. The person at Gibson I communicated with about it concluded that it was probably a special order because gold hardware was never available in the original 335-S production run. Feel free to contact me if you have questions about the guitar.

Vintage 1981 Gibson 335 s Deluxe Professional in Very Good Condition | eBay

IMG_3794a.jpg~original

Actinic

Reaction score
13th and 14th frets on the treble side look to be set differently than the others. This appears to be refretted (?). Do you have a photo of the pot cavity, and do the serial numbers check out?

335-S

Reaction score
13th and 14th frets on the treble side look to be set differently than the others. This appears to be refretted (?). Do you have a photo of the pot cavity, and do the serial numbers check out?

Those two frets only look different because the little binding nub that Gibson leaves over the ends of the frets is missing from those two fret ends. Both frets are identical the the rest of the frets.

What do you mean by the serial numbers checking out? Let me know what you are looking for there.

Here's a photo of the control cavity:

GIbson335-SControlCavity1.jpg~original

Actinic

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I had a question about the pot codes, not the serial #. Sorry for the confusion.

Latest Threads