1980's Double Creme Duncans?

Norton

Reaction score
Ive got a pair of these that were installed in an '81 Dean Golden E'lite.

Original owner said he had the Dimarzio's pulled out and these installed. I'm not super familiar with the history of Duncan's.

Anyone know anything about this sticker etc.?

thanks

zack

Attachments

• Duncan Hb.jpg
    Duncan Hb.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 44

LtKojak

Reaction score
That's a very early '59n. I'd say late '70s/early '80s.

HTH,

freefrog

Reaction score
Ive got a pair of these that were installed in an '81 Dean Golden E'lite.

Original owner said he had the Dimarzio's pulled out and these installed. I'm not super familiar with the history of Duncan's.

Anyone know anything about this sticker etc.?

thanks

zack

What Pepe said.

I have several of these puppies here, in double cream or zebra, with the same stickers. They were bought around 1978 or something like that...

Mine have... Butyrate bobbins. Unpotted coil, wound rather loose with 42AWG PE wire. Threaded baseplates. Rough cast A5 magnets.

They are not 100% PAF clones: their bobbins have a different inner structure, their keeper bar is different. Their tone is obviously PAFish but also typically Duncan to my ears, albeit with more mids and sweeter highs than recent SH1's...

These oldies tend to be fragile IME, but if you're careful with them, you should enjoy their sound... :)

Norton

Reaction score
Right... I did pick up on the 59n for the model. But the "seymourized" sticker isn't one I've ever seen.

late 70's to 1981 or so makes perfect sense. Previous owner said the guitar was purchased in 1980 and he had the duncans installed before he took it home.

Are the duncan's from that era different from the current pickups? Other than the double creme vibe?

Thanks again

Norton

Reaction score
... interesting. freefrog. these do look unpotted.

I'll check on the bridge p.u tonight. thanks.

Latest Threads