1980's Blade Levinson Delta (Telecaster)

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Not sure how known these are in the USA.
Lots of myths out there. Despite the neck plate saying "Switzerland", and a lot of sellers (duh) falsely claiming these to be made in Switzerland, they were definately not. This is one of the earliest Blade's you'll ever see, trust me, and made in Japan.
Those familiar with vintage Japanese guitars will probably recognize the typical grain pattern of the Sen wood (Japanese Ash).

I will sell this at some point in the near future and will ask for this thread to be removed if I do, so untill then just enjoy the pictures!

This guitar is so glossy, I can't get rid of the reflection. After trying for a good while I finally managed to get some pics without too much reflection, but now during uploading I noticed some greasy fingers. Well, you'll have to forgive me for not trying again :laugh2:

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Passive pickups, active circuit.
The mini switch goes like this: Boost all frequencies --- normal --- boost treble and bass (or mid cut).
The 3 holes in the battery cover are to acces 3 small trim pots to adjust how it all works.

Nearly all Blade guitars have this, it's called VSC (variable spectrum control) or something like that.

Big electric cat

Reaction score
Not sure how known these are in the USA.
Lots of myths out there. Despite the neck plate saying "Switzerland", and a lot of sellers (duh) falsely claiming these to be made in Switzerland, they were definately not. This is one of the earliest Blade's you'll ever see, trust me, and made in Japan.
Those familiar with vintage Japanese guitars will probably recognize the typical grain pattern of the Sen wood (Japanese Ash).

I will sell this at some point in the near future and will ask for this thread to be removed if I do, so untill then just enjoy the pictures!

This guitar is so glossy, I can't get rid of the reflection. After trying for a good while I finally managed to get some pics without too much reflection, but now during uploading I noticed some greasy fingers. Well, you'll have to forgive me for not trying again :laugh2:

I remember when these guitars came out. I'm guessing it was the mid 90s.
They where really well made guitars. They sounded really good.
And yes they where made in Switzerland.
Use it in the best of health!

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I've seen some of them on the Japanese auctions, some that even said Made In Japan or designed in Japan or something. I wonder what factory would have made these Japanese Blades ??

Nice bit of kit there.

Congrats

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I remember when these guitars came out. I'm guessing it was the mid 90s.
They where really well made guitars. They sounded really good.
And yes they where made in Switzerland.
Use it in the best of health!
These started being handmade in their Japan workshop in 1987-1988, in small numbers. The name Moridaira pops up as the factory where they were made. Later in the 90's they moved production to Korea.
Like I said, made in Switzerland is a myth, to back it up I provide you with pictures of the earliest "factory" Blade you'll ever see online, and it's made in Japan.
There's some made in Switzerland prototypes / custom orders, but there's only a handfull and I've never seen one myself.

I've seen some of them on the Japanese auctions, some that even said Made In Japan or designed in Japan or something. I wonder what factory would have made these Japanese Blades ??
Moridaira pops up as a possible factory, not a lot of reliable information out there.

Big electric cat

Reaction score
These started being handmade in their Japan workshop in 1987-1988, in small numbers. The name Moridaira pops up as the factory where they were made. Later in the 90's they moved production to Korea.
Like I said, made in Switzerland is a myth, to back it up I provide you with pictures of the earliest "factory" Blade you'll ever see online, and it's made in Japan.
There's some made in Switzerland prototypes / custom orders, but there's only a handfull and I've never seen one myself.

Moridaira pops up as a possible factory, not a lot of reliable information out there.
I stand corrected!

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I stand corrected!
No problem. Just a lot of misinformation out there, mostly by wrong (or false) claims by people trying to sell their "Made in Switzerland" guitar for a premium price.

Date of sale here on shop receipt.
I've only ever seen 1 other Blade that had a lower serial number.

Big electric cat

Reaction score
No problem. Just a lot of misinformation out there, mostly by wrong (or false) claims by people trying to sell their "Made in Switzerland" guitar for a premium price.

Date of sale here on shop receipt.
I've only ever seen 1 other Blade that had a lower serial number.

I remember seeing them at a music store i use to teach at back in the mid 90s.
The guy who owned the store told me they where made in Switzerland.
I just took his word for it. I had no reason not to.

Latest Threads