1980 Les Paul Pro Deluxe (SOLD)

XpensiveWino

Reaction score
Not trying to cause a problem but that board is probably rosewood, not ebony.
Similary not trying to cause any issues, but why do you lean in this direction. *IF* it's a pro deluxe - no reason that I can see to doubt that - it would have an ebony board, no?

What leads you to a different conclusion?

Cjsinla

Premium Member
Reaction score
Similary not trying to cause any issues, but why do you lean in this direction. *IF* it's a pro deluxe - no reason that I can see to doubt that - it would have an ebony board, no?

What leads you to a different conclusion?
I’m not familiar with that model’s specs, it just looks like rosewood with the openness of the pores and the amount of brown that is visible.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
It is ebony. Not all the (gabon) ebony has a glass surface, I've seen (and had/have) plenty of similar looking ebony boards. That depends on the tree and sawn.

As for the brown, same as before, not all ebony was pitch black and it's easy to make it looking brighter under flash lights.

bblooz

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
1980 Les Paul Pro Deluxe Cherry Sunburst $2650....Only trades considered would be old BMW motorcycles.
I have the first (banned by Germany due to 100+ HP) 1985 model K100LT. It has low miles and includes all luggage, fairing, etc. Let me know if you're interested.

BTW, I'm in Michigan as well...........

Neffco

Reaction score
I
I have the first (banned by Germany due to 100+ HP) 1985 model K100LT. It has low miles and includes all luggage, fairing, etc. Let me know if you're interested.

BTW, I'm in Michigan as well...........
Ive got a 89 K100LT. I’m keeping it though.

danielzink

Reaction score
I’m not familiar with that model’s specs, it just looks like rosewood with the openness of the pores and the amount of brown that is visible.
Guitar went to Elderly Instruments for a checkup and assessment before selling.

Noted as a "Pro Deluxe" on their sheet - I don't mind scanning it for you if you need proof.

As stated - all Pro Deluxes had Ebony boards.

Dan