1979 Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop SOLD!!!!

J50315

Reaction score
“I don’t have time to kick tires”. But I’ve got time to waste arguing the merits of questions instead of just answering them.:applause::laugh2:
There’s always time for that Nortin

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
A tape measure or a ruler should give you a pretty good idea of the actual nut width.

When you are asking almost $3k for a guitar, the questions you don't want to answer seem like pretty fair questions.

Any UPS store or 3rd party shipping place will weigh the guitar for you.

Calipers don't cost much, either.
I’ve never needed them or a scale to sell any guitar I’ve ever had up, and I’ve sold A TON. I’m not dealing with someone who is particular about that stuff, and as I said, sold every one I ever put up.

GLWS, and I don’t blame you a bit!!

TheWilly17

Reaction score
Lovely guitar! Hate how people jump on someones sale thread just to poo poo on it, or try to be clever with their seemingly dry sarcasm. BUMP for a sweet guitar and it's your right to answer or not answer any questions you want.

Last edited:

HCRoadie

Reaction score
**Questions that do not request the exact neck measurements and weight down to the ounce are welcome to text me with questions**
515-783-6800 Joe
The awkward phrasing of this post makes it hard to truly understand what the seller's TOS are. Do better:wave:

J50315

Reaction score
The awkward phrasing of this post makes it hard to truly understand what the seller's TOS are. Do better:wave:
Fixed. Sorry the encounter was so awkward for you. Maybe next time we can try it with the lights off?

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Fixed. Sorry the encounter was so awkward for you. Maybe next time we can try it with the lights off?
I do not know what "encounter" you are referring to, but I am certain it did not involve me. I made no mention of anything being awkward "for me". The fixed version of your post is also awkward. Questions are welcome to text you? With the lights on or off, it's silly:wave: I'll stop being a douche now. Sorry

mcgeorge

Reaction score
Congrats!

Did he at least ask what the goldtop's spirit animal was? That's usually all I get picky about.

Zakmichael

Reaction score
@freebyrd 69 says that he has never-ever had a person actually buy a guitar after asking the weight.....and he sells a lot of sh!....I mean, guitars.
It’s true. The more someone asks about the weight or neck measurements the less chance they’ll buy it. Some people are way too fussy about details. I know that 2/100’s of an inch will certainly cause carpal tunnel and a quarter lb is potentially scoliosis or even paralysis but let me think about it and get back to you..