1979 Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop SOLD!!!!

mdubya

Reaction score
A tape measure or a ruler should give you a pretty good idea of the actual nut width.

When you are asking almost $3k for a guitar, the questions you don't want to answer seem like pretty fair questions.

Any UPS store or 3rd party shipping place will weigh the guitar for you.

Calipers don't cost much, either.

J50315

Reaction score
A tape measure or a ruler should give you a pretty good idea of the actual nut width.

When you are asking almost $3k for a guitar, the questions you don't want to answer seem like pretty fair questions.

Any UPS store or 3rd party shipping place will weigh the guitar for you.

Calipers don't cost much, either.
I have to respectfully disagree.

Not knowing the exact weight and measurements has never kept me from selling the dozens of Les Pauls I’ve had before- many of which being worth more than $2750.

People come on here all the time and ask for those details and then vanish once you respond.

I’ll tell you the same thing I’ve said on other posts before- if a perspective buyer wants the guitar but requires the neck and weight to be in an exact range to make the deal I would be happy to indulge them, take the afternoon off work and drive to the closest UPS to get the details.

However, in the meantime, I will continue to do it my way and if it fails to sell then I guess the egg will be on my face. Thanks

swampblues

Reaction score
Lol
@freebyrd 69 says that he has never-ever had a person actually buy a guitar after asking the weight.....and he sells a lot of sh!....I mean, guitars.
lol I had one two weeks ago ask me the weight and I said 8.9 and he said if it was 8.6 he would buy it. Lol some people like this old fart never ask weight unless they say it’s a log and I usually buy logs

lpfan1980

Reaction score
$2750 plus shipping. All original 79 standard with factory full-size humbuckers. Hard to find a late 70s goldtop standard with full size humbuckers. I bought this off the original owner 2 months ago who hadn’t played it since the early 80s. I had it setup and it plays and sounds awesome and has no issues. Has the thinner norlin era 3 piece maple neck. Has a few scratches on the back and a couple minor dings throughout but overall excellent shape for being 40 years old. Original case also in good condition. I have too many guitars at the moment and investing money elsewhere and downsizing.
**Questions that do not request the exact neck measurements and weight down to the ounce are welcome to text me with questions. I don’t have a scale or calipers and I don’t have time to kick tires**
515-783-6800 Joe
View attachment 414624View attachment 414626View attachment 414627View attachment 414625View attachment 414628
Very cool:slash::).

J50315

Reaction score
Bump drop to $2600

Last edited:

MSB

Reaction score
People come on here all the time and ask for those details and then vanish once you respond.
because they want something specific and when they find out what you're selling isn't it, they move on. Not that hard to figure out. I personally don't care about weight, but I am picky about neck thickness, and if I'm looking at a 3k guitar and the seller can't pony up $10 and two minutes of their time, I'll move on in a heartbeat.

Would you rather them buy it and not like it and break a pot off and claim it was shipped that way and win because they used paypal?

it is a cool guitar though. GLWTS

J50315

Reaction score
because they want something specific and when they find out what you're selling isn't it, they move on. Not that hard to figure out. I personally don't care about weight, but I am picky about neck thickness, and if I'm looking at a 3k guitar and the seller can't pony up $10 and two minutes of their time, I'll move on in a heartbeat.

Would you rather them buy it and not like it and break a pot off and claim it was shipped that way and win because they used paypal?

it is a cool guitar though. GLWTS
Clearly no shortage of stupid comments from the peanut gallery on this thread. Read my entire post #6 buddy. Not that hard to figure out.
As far as the logic of breaking a pot and having the buyer demand a refund and making a PayPal claim- I would recommend that next time you take more detailed pics of your guitar so this doesn’t happen again. Good luck!

MSB

Reaction score
Clearly no shortage of stupid comments from the peanut gallery on this thread. Read my entire post #6 buddy. Not that hard to figure out.
As far as the logic of breaking a pot and having the buyer demand a refund and making a PayPal claim- I would recommend that next time you take more detailed pics of your guitar so this doesn’t happen again. Good luck!
so you'll take a half day off work when you could do it at home in 2 minutes with $20 worth of tools that can be used for plenty of other things not specifically guitar related? I'll take my stupidity all day then.

and for the paypal thing, it wasn't me, but a thread on this forum a few weeks ago. IIRC the seller did have detailed pics of the guitar and the outer box and case were unharmed, but it was settled in the buyers favor.

but you do your thing, i'm out, it is a great looking guitar, someone will be quite happy, i'm sure.

J50315

Reaction score
so you'll take a half day off work when you could do it at home in 2 minutes with $20 worth of tools that can be used for plenty of other things not specifically guitar related? I'll take my stupidity all day then.

and for the paypal thing, it wasn't me, but a thread on this forum a few weeks ago. IIRC the seller did have detailed pics of the guitar and the outer box and case were unharmed, but it was settled in the buyers favor.

but you do your thing, i'm out, it is a great looking guitar, someone will be quite happy, i'm sure.
So what other “things” are you measuring with a ruler and calipers? LOL I probably don’t want to know.
Again as I said, I’ve sold dozens of guitars before and have NEVER had an issue not knowing the weight or neck dimensions so I will continue to do it my way. Thanks

Latest Threads