1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst

GrayHawK1

Reaction score
I’ve had this guitar now for about 6 years. Just wanted to know a little more about it. I was wondering if anyone knows the production number of these? Also if there’s a way to tell whether I have TTops or Shaw pickups without removing the pickup cover?

Mockbel

Reaction score
Hi

I don’t have answers to your question but I (and I am sure many others here) want to see some pics of the guitar :)

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I’ve had this guitar now for about 6 years. Just wanted to know a little more about it. I was wondering if anyone knows the production number of these? Also if there’s a way to tell whether I have TTops or Shaw pickups without removing the pickup cover?
Pics to prove said ownership :D

GrayHawK1

Reaction score
Would’ve tagged you guys but I’m still new trying to figure this site out and how it works lol.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
It was worn when I got it but I’m sure its worn more since I bought it lol. It seems to be a pretty common thing in these.
Yeah, but for good reason. They're awesome to play these Norlin LPC's. :)
Oh yeah I forgot... Welcome!!!

GrayHawK1

Reaction score
Yea I hear all these negative things about Norlan years but I have yet come across a new Custom that can even compete with this one. I compared it with a new custom a few months ago at Sam Ash. I was really shocked on the difference. It wasn’t even close. I know it’s all preference. The new one just seemed like it was missing something.

GrayHawK1

Reaction score
I couldn’t help notice your profile pic. I take it you’re a Tool fan like myself?

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I couldn’t help notice your profile pic. I take it you’re a Tool fan like myself?
Yeah man! Been learning a few bits a pieces.
I needed something to challenge me in a way that didn’t involve super fast solos, as I’m more of a rhythm player.
That’s my Diezel Einstein. I should have my VH4 come this week.

the great thing about Norlin guitars is that if people go by what is said on the net then there’s more out there for people like us to enjoy them.

GrayHawK1

Reaction score
I needed something to challenge me in a way that didn’t involve super fast solos, as I’m more of a rhythm player.

the great thing about Norlin guitars is that if people go by what is said on the net then there’s more out there for people like us to enjoy them.

Yea I agree! I’ve been a fan for a longtime. I’ve always loved Silverbursts but I can’t say Adam didn’t also have an influence. I too am more of a rhythm player. I’d love to have a VH4. I have the tone down pretty good in my 2101 though. For fun I occasionally post Tool covers on YouTube. I think I have 6 up right now. I want to redo a couple now that I’m running in stereo. It made a big difference.

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
Silverburst! Yes!
I'll let more knowledgeable members answer your questions, but for what it's worth I just posted a NGD thread last week with pics from my Shaw humbuckers.

GrayHawK1

Reaction score
Silverburst! Yes!
I'll let more knowledgeable members answer your questions, but for what it's worth I just posted a NGD thread last week with pics from my Shaw humbuckers.
Ok thank you! I’ll take a look at the pictures.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
no real total for these, Gibson ledgers are incomplete at best....there were quite a few.

T-tops in this guitar.

I did not see pics but will tell you that you that it is not that common to see a lot of "paint worn off" but you do see a lot of paint "sanded off".

Nice piece.

Latest Threads