1978 Fernandes/Burny Oxblood Jeff Beck '54 Les Paul SOLD

LPnut

Reaction score
1978 Fernandes/Burny model FLG-75, which is a reproduction of Jeff Beck's 1954 Oxblood Les Paul that he used extensively in recording, and is holding on the cover of, "Blow by Blow". This particular guitar is fairly rare as it was a special order, Fernandes only made them for a few months in 1978, and it served as the cover model for all Fernandes ads that year. Playability is great and its tone bests any Gibson Les Paul Studio, Traditional, or Standard I have played.

Originally, the 1954 Les Paul had P-90s, but Jeff's guitar had humbuckers installed at some point in the early 1960's. The original wraparound bridge was retained. This Fernandes guitar was kept by a collector for most of the past 40 years. The original bridge (in the case) was recently replaced with a Pigtail wraparound bridge. The guitar is in fantastic condition, with one exception: UPS managed to shear off the pickup selector switch shaft right below the tip (see pic provided).

Oxblood Les Pauls typically have huge necks like the original 1954s. This Fernandes neck is much slimmer; I would estimate about .82-.85 at the first fret. The guitar weighs 9 lbs. 2 oz. according to my digital scale.

This guitar, with the Pigtail bridge and newer Gibson LP hardshell case, sold for $1000 several times over the past year right here on this forum (nothing to do with the performance/function of the guitar; I can tell you the back stories via PM if you are interested). I am deducting $100 for the damage to the pup selector switch. I didn't get it repaired as I wanted to give the new owner the option of what to do. You could have your tech replace it with a new switch and it would cost less than $100. If you are skilled at soldering, you could probably solder the sheared piece back on and it would cost about $3 in materials and a little bit of time.

$900 FIRM shipped/paypal CONUS. NO TRADES.

View media item 108030
View media item 108028
View media item 108029
View media item 108026
View media item 108027
View media item 108025
View media item 108031
View media item 108024

mcgeorge

Reaction score
Sweet LP!

Fernandes built my first strat. A 62 in Oly white with gold hardware... rang like the proverbial bell. I didn't know about contact cleaner so I got frustrated with the noisy switch and traded it in for a PRS EG-3. That was in the early 90's and I still miss that guitar. I see it occasionally in old Fernandes ads when I ebay search for it...

Fernandes builds some players! Your LP is particularly cool. That switch is an easy fix... GLWS

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had my hands on this particular guitar and it's a fantastic playing example. GLWS!

JWinAK

Reaction score
The headstock reminds me of the beginning of a Star Wars movie.

LPnut

Reaction score
What you see running vertically on the headstock is a sticker from the factory that has never been removed. It has the Fernandes block logo (looks a little like Stonehenge; just sayin').

kakerlak

Reaction score
I'm surprised this is still here; it's really cool!

Latest Threads