1977 Les Paul Custom with maple fretboard

judson

Reaction score
surprised this isnt gone.... :wow:

great price for a player

did you try the black light on the serial?

Macs69

Reaction score
I tried one of my wife's Halloween black lights, and couldn't make it out. If I was motivated enough, I'm sure I could call the Montgomery County police department, and get someone to pull the file from 1977. I had the serial number written down somewhere (the original owner had it on a piece of paper), and now I can't find it. Sad thing is that you can almost make out what the digits are just looking at the guitar.

judson

Reaction score
dont know if that would spur more interest but it might help.....you dont see many in that finish

crazy it hasnt moved...keep at it, someone will see the value

Macs69

Reaction score
Thank you very much! I'm not in a hurry to sell it. Ultimately, if it doesn't sell, I'm ok with that too. I had called a local luthier at some point , and asked if it could be restamped and refinished, and it certainly can. At that point, though, I feel like it's less genuine than it is currently. It has good mojo, and has a great story behind it where the good guy actually got his guitar back!

judson

Reaction score
if you ever find out the serial number i would just write it in one of the pup cavitys and let it alone just for information to the next person.....it may just give someone piece of mind, every little bit helps

i got a 71 LP that serial is very faded but readable in bright sunlight at certain angle, prior owner wrote it in cavity as well just to let it be there for the future...

Macs69

Reaction score
Thanks for the interest, all. Last bump on this one, and it's headed to eBay.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Find that one a good home its amazing! best of luck.

Macs69

Reaction score
If any of you are on the Norlin Era Les Paul Facebook page, I posted a video of this guitar with its new owner today.