1976 Hiwatt Custom 50 DR504

MCT

Reaction score
I play most of my bands’ gigs with a Hi-Tone Lowatt SAP Combo (18 watts). Which, I discovered, was barely quieter than my Hi-Tone CP30. Which, in turn, wasn’t that much quieter than my ‘75 Hiwatt DR504. Which was only kinda quieter than my CP103. So I basically have a fruit of the loom selection to choose from, but I almost always bring my Fryette Power Station no matter what. These days, live venue soundpeople want the equivalent of a 3 watt amp, it seems

rogue3

Reaction score
I think this is my final bump for a while, leaning towards keeping it! Not as portable as my Vibrolux was (considering I need to drag the matching oversized 2x12" cab around), but for my tastes I like this more, and they both fill the same kind of role: a mostly clean single-channel amp to use with pedals.
I am fucking amazed this has not sold.

a bump for Eric

there are people for all their lives talk about tone.

This is it.The rest are judged by it.

I sold one recently,got what eric is asking. fair market value.I would have preferred to hold on to it,5 years from now worth double that.But had bills.When i went to retrieve it(bills got paid), it was gone.i was devastated.good coin though. i squared up accounts.I have a few more pearls in the stash ;) .

The head is light as a feather.paired with a cab of your choice,magic.forever.be sure to load it with the finest old stock tubes.:slash:

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Thanks for the bump, I think I'm keeping it now though (I had decided to stop bumping it). I had this and an old '66 Fender Vibrolux (another Holy Grail of an amp to some), and couldn't really justify having both. Honestly I think I'm about the only person in the world who isn't totally in love with the Fender Blackface sound, but I am totally in love with the Hiwatt sound. It's huge and completely overkill, yes, but whenever I can use it it's truly my favorite clean sound of all time.

So anyway yeah, I'm going to keep it and stop bumping it! At least for now, in the future I may change my mind. I thought that it would have sold too, I think that my price was extremely fair. I suspect the economic uncertainty with COVID-19 and a lot of people losing income has something to do with it.

MCT

Reaction score
Thanks for the bump, I think I'm keeping it now though (I had decided to stop bumping it). I had this and an old '66 Fender Vibrolux (another Holy Grail of an amp to some), and couldn't really justify having both. Honestly I think I'm about the only person in the world who isn't totally in love with the Fender Blackface sound, but I am totally in love with the Hiwatt sound. It's huge and completely overkill, yes, but whenever I can use it it's truly my favorite clean sound of all time.

So anyway yeah, I'm going to keep it and stop bumping it! At least for now, in the future I may change my mind. I thought that it would have sold too, I think that my price was extremely fair. I suspect the economic uncertainty with COVID-19 and a lot of people losing income has something to do with it.
Funny, I’ve always found the Hiwatt sound is in the same league as the BF Fender thing, but with more of everything...more lows, more highs, more sparkle. Especially the CPs, but the DRs too.

My favorite amps of all time, bar none. Dave Reeves was a genius.

If you want that sound without the requisite hearing loss, consider the Hi-Tone Lowatt series.

rogue3

Reaction score
Funny, I’ve always found the Hiwatt sound is in the same league as the BF Fender thing, but with more of everything...more lows, more highs, more sparkle. Especially the CPs, but the DRs too.

My favorite amps of all time, bar none. Dave Reeves was a genius.

If you want that sound without the requisite hearing loss, consider the Hi-Tone Lowatt series.
yes,that's it.more of everything.just turn it down.or turn it up.

Latest Threads