1976 Gibson Explorer Question

dynabite

Reaction score
And I'm so happy for you Dynabite - who-hoo!

I was joking - perhaps next time I can PM you to let you know in advance when someone is having a chuckle.

The guy asked what sort of pickups they were so I told him to the best of my knowledge. They appear to be, from the photo of the pickups lying on the body of the guitar, the pickups that were called Bill Lawrence Super Humbuckers around my way. They were in many of the SGs of the period, as I stated above.

They look nothing like any of the Dirty Fingers that I've seen, which from memory came out a few years later in any case. But I guess that you know that already.

I was joking - perhaps next time I can PM you to let you know in advance when someone is having a chuckle.

The guy asked what sort of pickups they were so I told him to the best of my knowledge. They appear to be, from the photo of the pickups lying on the body of the guitar, the pickups that were called Bill Lawrence Super Humbuckers around my way. They were in many of the SGs of the period, as I stated above.

They look nothing like any of the Dirty Fingers that I've seen, which from memory came out a few years later in any case. But I guess that you know that already.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::thumb:

And you stand correct on both - Super Humbucker & Bill Lawrence but there were a few and this one has a nickname and a history, I'm surprised you didn't find it yet - It's not the Dirty Fingers, Velvet Brick, Series VII or the Super Humbucker in the LS6.

Latest Threads